Introducing Quade, the yuppie S52 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Thanks! Sounds kind of like what we would call a Sales Engineer, They assist the sales person with the technical aspect of the sale, and help assist with setting some of this up. We have another team that can actually do the work of setting things up. Then I, as an engineer, get to help fix issues that may arise on existing product.

I have thought of going to be Sales Engineer. Not sure if I'm down for all the travel though. Hopefully will have a kiddo here not to long.
    haha yeah- I was a Systems Engineer/Sales Engineer when I first started- the next step up is usually a SA spot where you are involved with larger more complicated projects designs that typically have a sales cycle that can span from a few months to years. Oh yeah and there is always a lot of traveling. In Q1 this year, I spent 32 nights in a hotel room, never the same room and all over the east coast. It gets hectic, but I always say- I'd rather be in the car for 8h a day than sitting at a desk for 8h.

And to be honest- the SE/SA spots are usually hard to fill. It is hard to find people who are very IT knowledgeable AND can talk and engage with customers. Usually, the smartest people want to be disengaged with the customer and do what they do best without the annoyances of sales. So the SE/SA spots are very hard to fill, since you need someone who is comfortable with engaging and maintaining customer relationships and also very IT savvy- since sales people usually don't have any idea how technically the things they sell actually work. So I really enjoy the spot I'm in, having a salary that you can live off of comfortably, while getting commission on top of that- makes it an exciting working environment. Everyday is different. GL in your endeavors!
    555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
    '95 BMW e34 525i
    '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
    '92 Range Rover Classic
    '90 Range Rover Classic
    '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
    '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
    '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
    '67 Pontiac LeMans
    '24 Model T Depot Hack
    ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Thank man! And GL to you as well!
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Klug View Post
        hahahahaha I forgot those were in the picture. The garage I am out of used to be an old warehouse and I am constantly finding stuff from all over the place. Like a box full of clocks, about 50 bowling balls, horse racing carriages, restaurant equipment, WW2 memorabilia, 80's safety glasses and that is just scratching the surface :)
        Just curious, what did you do with the stuff you found? Are you selling it or just kinda letting it hang out there?

Edit: Should also add... Love the work you have done to the vert. Makes me really wish I had one to work on...
        Basaltblau 318i (Sold) Dammit do I miss these cars... Someone sell me one!

2011 VW GTI 6 speed

Comment

Nice work !!!
          Cool to see you enjoying the car and that it’s reliable for you.

-
          Project
          Parts for Sale
          Feedback
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas227 View Post
            Just curious, what did you do with the stuff you found? Are you selling it or just kinda letting it hang out there?

Edit: Should also add... Love the work you have done to the vert. Makes me really wish I had one to work on...
            Most of what I had laying around was scrap/junk. Actually filled a 40 Ton dumpster- the biggest I could get...and I still have stuff I need to throw away.

Kept anything of value to sell down the road- but doing so basically just made my garage 10x worse in terms of clutter....

I need to take pictures of this monstrosity known as "555Garage"

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
            '95 BMW e34 525i
            '92 Range Rover Classic
            '90 Range Rover Classic
            '67 Pontiac LeMans
            '24 Model T Depot Hack
            ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

How much wheel gap is on the vert with your current setup? also is your setup comfortable enough to DD the vert if you decided to? Keep up the good work, the garage and cars make me jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                How much wheel gap is on the vert with your current setup? also is your setup comfortable enough to DD the vert if you decided to? Keep up the good work, the garage and cars make me jealous.
                Nothing rubs and I did not have to roll the fenders. I mean, as a DD...I wouldn't have a problem using it everyday. It's a quick little thing. I would hate to drive the vert throughout the year- with the leaks and wind issues you get when the top is up.

Thanks for your kind words, I get the same reaction from people and tell them its more of a burden trying to keep everything in tip top shape- but it's what I enjoy doing as a hobby.
                555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                '95 BMW e34 525i
                '92 Range Rover Classic
                '90 Range Rover Classic
                '67 Pontiac LeMans
                '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Wow! What a fantastic garage space, that would have my project mind spinning endlessly.

Do you use it for business as well?

Comment

cool garage. like something out of F&F movie.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                      cool garage. like something out of F&F movie.
                      Exactly what I was thinking.
                      2009 BMW 328i xDrive (Daily/winter drift king)
                      1987 BMW 325i (Currently torn apart)
                      Instgram: @Ebola.30

Comment

Been dabbling in the local SCCA chapter at Pocono. Thing is sailing around like a giant heavy boat with my Racing Dynamic/Koni Sport Adjustables. Looking into maybe stiffening up the front end with H&R's or using a more HD front strut. Think the S52 engine is weighing down my front end considerably...

And realizing on my second run that I have a ballzy amount of power under this hood....
                        555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                        '95 BMW e34 525i
                        '92 Range Rover Classic
                        '90 Range Rover Classic
                        '67 Pontiac LeMans
                        '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

The sedan should have the S52 and the vert should have the M20... make it happen lol
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^this :D
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              The sedan should have the S52 and the vert should have the M20... make it happen lol
                              Hahaha you are about the 10th person to tell me this....the coupe is in too good of shape to molest!
                              555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                              '95 BMW e34 525i
                              '92 Range Rover Classic
                              '90 Range Rover Classic
                              '67 Pontiac LeMans
                              '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Working...
                              X