Dead Not at all cranking need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Not at all cranking need help

Hi, friends, I have an e30 with m10 in it, this car ran some 8years back but was left uncared. I got it and I am trying to restore it. the wiring is fine not eaten by rats. the problem is it is not cranking at all and i am not getting any lights in the speedo console. Please help me with a systematic approach, guide me with some instruments that can be used to solve the problem.

i tried the jump start method, connected the starter solenoid directly to battery yet no sound,or crank

Comment

So you have a good battery in the car and when you turn the key nothing happens?

Comment

yes the battery is good, tried checking the voltage through multimeter. i am using the Bentley manual but i dont know where the real problem is. if you have any systematic approach it will be well appreciated.

Comment

ok so when you turn the key the fuel pump doesn't prime and there is no activity on the gauge cluster/radio/headlights/etc?

Comment

i get display in the radio, the head light works but no lights in the speedo.

Comment

when you turn the key do you hear the fuel pump under the rear seat prime?

Comment

Working...
              X