Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central locking working perfectly except for driver's lock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central locking working perfectly except for driver's lock.

My central locking system is working properly with the exception of my driver's door lock. It will only lock itself and not the other doors. However, it will successfully unlock all doors. Behavior is normal when locking or unlocking using the passenger door lock or trunk lock. (I have a coupe.) I have looked over some threads here and the common issues. However I didn't find a thread with my exact problem. Does my issue sound like a microswitch problem in the driver's door lock since it is the only one misbehaving? Thanks for any insight-
    '90 325is/S52
    '76 2002
    '74 2002tii
    '06 325i sedan
    '05 X5 3.0i
    '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

Originally posted by RenaissanceMan View Post
    My central locking system is working properly with the exception of my driver's door lock. It will only lock itself and not the other doors. However, it will successfully unlock all doors. Behavior is normal when locking or unlocking using the passenger door lock or trunk lock. (I have a coupe.) I have looked over some threads here and the common issues. However I didn't find a thread with my exact problem. Does my issue sound like a microswitch problem in the driver's door lock since it is the only one misbehaving? Thanks for any insight-
    Inside the actuator is switch that sends the lock signal to the other doors.

Could be the actuator or the wiring.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spare; 08-19-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Easiest thing to do is check the door jam connector for corrosion and clean it out to see if that is the problem. Then look at the door actuator itself, etc.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Does the drivers door lock and unlock smoothly with the key ? I dont recall off hand if a worn cylinder can impact central locking but thought Id mention it
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          Easiest thing to do is check the door jam connector for corrosion and clean it out to see if that is the problem. Then look at the door actuator itself, etc.
          Pardon my ignorance... What is the 'door jam connector?' Are you referring to specific wiring? Thanks-
          '90 325is/S52
          '76 2002
          '74 2002tii
          '06 325i sedan
          '05 X5 3.0i
          '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
            Does the drivers door lock and unlock smoothly with the key ? I dont recall off hand if a worn cylinder can impact central locking but thought Id mention it
            Yeah, it seems to. There is a slight amount of friction but it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
            '90 325is/S52
            '76 2002
            '74 2002tii
            '06 325i sedan
            '05 X5 3.0i
            '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

Comment

hey, what was your solution here? I have a similar problem but with the trunk lock

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                hey, what was your solution here? I have a similar problem but with the trunk lock
                My problem was verified to be the actuator, but I still haven't replaced it. :)
                '90 325is/S52
                '76 2002
                '74 2002tii
                '06 325i sedan
                '05 X5 3.0i
                '86 Alfa Spider Veloce

Comment

Working...
                X