Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help ID-ing this part.

eric here,

I have been trying to figure how to retro fit a map light mirror to my 318i. I know the car wasn't optioned with one initially so I went looking around for a 12 volt provision etc. I pryed off the plastic cover infront of the mirror and found this blank circuit board underneath. Anyone know if this is in the electrical diagrams or something or can explain whats its for. I'm beyond confused at this point lol...

That's your SRS and seatbelt warning panel. I don't believe it has other than switched power, and even that may be intermittent, unless you no longer have an airbag wheel, in which case the SRS warning light would always be on when the car is operating.

Comment

You could always just tap in to the 12 V feed to the lights and put a 9 V battery in the hole. It worked pretty nice for me when I did the map light retrofit.
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        That's your SRS and seatbelt warning panel. I don't believe it has other than switched power, and even that may be intermittent, unless you no longer have an airbag wheel, in which case the SRS warning light would always be on when the car is operating.
        Interesting.. And I don't think I've ever seen my SRS light on before, the P/O had a none air bag bmw wheel on the car and I replaced it to. But thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by othatseric View Post
          Interesting.. And I don't think I've ever seen my SRS light on before, the P/O had a none air bag bmw wheel on the car and I replaced it to. But thanks!
          Shine a light behind the panel while looking at the front to see if the bulb is in the right spot. Should have 2 bulbs in the panel.

Comment

Working...
          X