Easy mtech bumper fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy mtech bumper fitment

Hi I was installing my mtech bumper a little bit ago and I couldn't find any threads about how to easily install them. So I started to make brackets and all sorts of stuff buy then I figured it out. So I used the single piece bumper and I have a post diving board car (89) so I am not sure how well this will work when you have different stuff. Any way what I fid is I pulled the plastic part of the bumeet off of the white part. So the inside of the oem bumper is what I use to mount the mtech onto. It just slid on, then I used the old metal valence and cut the top off to mount the grille, fenders and take up that small gap. Then you have to put the turn blinkers in the white part of the bumper before you put the mtech on. And you have to put the orange cover of the blinkers after the mtech bumper because the orange is too big to fit through the blinker hole.and that's it. I'll post some pics
    Attached Files

You should have gotten the stock parts. The stock parts are 2 piece and designed to mount over the carrier and the valance. No cutting needed. Looks like you have a 1pc aftermarket bumper so I'm not sure it fits the same. Did you try fitting it over the existing valance before cutting?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I simply did not like the look of the two piece as much as the 1 piece

Comment

Working...
      X