Yellow/Red Diagnostic Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow/Red Diagnostic Lights

Recently, the yellow and red diagnostic lights on my 1992 318ic have been illuminating intermittently without the accompanying oil change and inspection lights. I attempted to reset the computer with my Peake device, but the lights still illuminate and extinguish on a random basis, even if the car hasn't been driven in a while. I can only assume this may be a symptom of a failing SI board or battery, but before I dive in further, just wanted to see if any of you have experienced this and/or have any advice for further troubleshooting. Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    Last edited by flyer92; 08-19-2018, 09:39 PM. Reason: typo

Greg M is by far the authority on e30 clusters. He charges a few $$$ but he also does a great service.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Thanks, George...appreciate the tip. Is "Greg M" his handle here in the forum?

Comment

Gregs///M

1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
        Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
        Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

^Thanks
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
          X