Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for any one with an 84-87 325e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for any one with an 84-87 325e?

I"m trying to figure out which Idle control mudole part numbers go with each of the ecu's found in the 325e eta engines. Mainly the 027 and 007 ecu's. So if you car has either of these ecu's can you look and see what the Black prined part number is on you Idle control module for me? Of it it shows it in the ETK that would be helpfull also.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

If I'm not mistaken, the idle control module was dropped at one point and incorporated into the ecu. Maybe just for the 'i's' but it would be worth asking as well.
    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

YA on the 88 and newer cars. I'm trying to find out for my 86 528e. The car has had mulit wrong items installed in it like 325i fuel injectors and what not. Right now it won't start and I believe the ICM is to blame the ECU has been replaced with an 027 ecu and the idle control module that is in there is for the 83 528e ecu. I know there are at least 3 different ICM for the eta engines and want to make sure i get one that matches the 027 ecu. The Icm is about the last origanl sensor and or part to the engine that was on it when we buaght the car.

Comment

What wiring harness are you using? That's what will end up determining which parts you should use.

Comment

The wiring harness I just replaced a couple weeks ago it's from an 87 528e, and it had the connector for the ICM. This car is a major pain in the butt. This thanksgiving it will be a year since it was last driven. IT never ran right from day one and would run good when I drove it but run like crap when my mom drove it. Then last thanksgiving it barley started and we were able to limp it home. Basically everything from the headgasket up including ever sensor and wire is not original to the car. At one point in time it was in a major wreck and was pieced back together from an 83, 86 and an 87 528e. Our local mechanic washed his hands of the car, and A certified BMW technician thought it was the main relay but we replaced that and still no luck.

Comment

Is the 027 ecu from a car that had a separate icm?

Comment

it should be I've never seen an pre 87 eta without an ICM, only the 325i and 88 325e had the built in model. I have three ecu's for the car an 027 an 007 and the origanl 027 which was supposedly rebuilt but the 007 and orig 027 are most likely fried due to running the high resistance rating 325i injectors as the car ran good for a bit after swapping the ecu but then went back to crap. The newest 027 ecu I've never run in the car and it has the right fuel injectors now.

Comment

is it turning over or just totally dead?

Comment

Turns over but won't start. For some reason the fuel pumps arn't coming on. but when you bridge the relay they come on. I've tried starting with the relay bridged and it will catch but not run when you press in the throttle quickly. Some guys over on the E28 roadfly board said they have had the ICM cuase non starting problems when it fails.

Comment

Have you tested the flywheel position sensor?

Comment

I'll check my ICM tomorrow and get a PN for you.
                      Nick

87 325 5MT
                      02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Thanks NIck, Both the speed and reference sensors have been tested, plus the Flywheel it self has been replaced as the pin got broken off last thanksgiving when the car bottomed out on a gravel road.

Comment

Working...
                        X