No announcement yet.

"iS" Side Skirts Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should also paint your lower half of the rear valance as well.
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

yea i think someone should pshop the rocker panels red and the lower rear valance red. i think it would look better then the IS sides. idk j/ my opinion.

Comment

Lower valance in body color would look great.

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebeemer
          yea i think someone should pshop the rocker panels red and the lower rear valance red. i think it would look better then the IS sides. idk j/ my opinion.
          Painted rockers look bad imo. The PO had the rear valence painted all red, wasn't into it, I repainted to the original black.

Comment

I was just saying for balance, and if its done correctly, you'd probably like it. But you'll still be my hero with the iS sides because they're the best.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
              Painted rockers look bad imo. The PO had the rear valence painted all red, wasn't into it, I repainted to the original black.

Agreed, i'd actually even paint the iS skirts...even though they'll be less noticeable. Contrast is where it's at.
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
                Agreed, i'd actually even paint the iS skirts...even though they'll be less noticeable. Contrast is where it's at.
                Are you talking about painting the iS skirts black? It could look good, but you're right, they'd be less noticable.

Comment

I would definitely paint the "iS" side skirts red, I agree that you must
                  have some contrast though, I have black side mldgs, splitter and mtech1.
                  I can't stand when I see color matched door handles and mouldings on an e30, it cheapens
                  the look.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
                    I can't stand when I see color matched door handles and mouldings on an e30, it cheapens
                    the look.
                    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

I honestly prefer mine without skirts...

...but if you've got to run them, run black iS.
                      Trevor Ely
                      '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                      '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot E30
                        Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

damn ed, ur car is looking fuckin noice... def a go with the skirts

youre car is coming along nice :)
                          Toyota Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK
                            damn ed, ur car is looking fuckin noice... def a go with the skirts

youre car is coming along nice :)
                            Thanks mang, I'm going to have the side skirts installed after winter,
                            you going full mtech1 soon?

Comment

Damn, I need to put my is skirts on. Anyone have the template for the drill holes?

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                              1989 325iC M50 Vert
                              1989 325i Coupe
                              1991 318is
                              1995 318ti Club Sport
                              2006 330i e90
                              2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

man, that looks alright, but i love black bottoms. you can quote me for that

i re-did the bottom in this brown/black rubber undercoating (taping newspaper around my car as the sunset and spraying it at night before a date, lol) and it looked newer. classic black rockers > * but of course I'm also a black IS lip fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X