BMW License plate delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW License plate delete

Does anyone make these anymore? Or could they make these? I have seen a lot of old threads but not sure if anyone has them.

Also wasnt even sure if this was even the right area to post this.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Good thing for 3D printing
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
      Good thing for 3D printing
      I agree, anyone have one who wants to make it!

Comment

If somebody does do a 3-D print, please consider making a clean, flat version WITHOUT the "BMW" lettering. Looking at the car straight on, we've already got a Roundel (one of the most famous trademarks on the planet) plus BMW's iconic kidney grill. Do we really need anything more?

I remember seeing this item up for sale up on BavAuto in the '90s and thinking, "yeah, this is the kind of thing you'd see on a BMW if the company got taken over by GM" (chrome "2.5L" badges on each fender might be included, and you'd probably be able to order an optional T-top).
        Last edited by ainadude; 09-12-2018, 09:21 AM.
        ainadude
        Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by ainadude View Post
          If somebody does do a 3-D print, please consider making a clean, flat version WITHOUT the "BMW" lettering. Looking at the car straight on, we've already got a Roundel (one of the most famous trademarks on the planet) plus BMW's iconic kidney grill. Do we really need anything more?

I remember seeing this item up for sale up on BavAuto in the '90s and thinking, "yeah, this is the kind of thing you'd see on a BMW if the company got taken over by GM" (chrome "2.5L" badges on each fender might be included, and you'd probably be able to order an optional T-top).
          I hear you although these are very subtle and dont look blingy to me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by ainadude View Post
            If somebody does do a 3-D print, please consider making a clean, flat version WITHOUT the "BMW" lettering. [...]

or even a version that's not recessed but follows the rest of the trim through the cutout in one line

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
              or even a version that's not recessed but follows the rest of the trim through the cutout in one line

Great idea
              ainadude
              Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

The one Staszek/I posted above is adhesive mounted.

There was a guy that used to sell a removable plate that used screws with magenets and a blank metal plate.

Despite the item being no longer available, it did note that 4 of 34 were available. I messaged him a couple times, but never heard back. I would love one of these/some one to make these again.

Old Ebay Link
                1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Thanks!! I didnt realize Matt made them.

Comment

A non recessed trim without the bmw lettering would be nice, who can make one?
                    sigpic
                    1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

They also used to make a nice plain filler piece for the early cars too.
                      It would be nice if they became available as well. I have a section of the rear bumper trim there now and it's OK but I've seen better...
                      Attached Files
                      1987 325is (Jenna), Love e30's!

Comment

Here are two options that were mentioned before:
                        Front filler plate greatly enhances the appearance by covering up the license plate mounting voids.Nobody likes to ruin the front of their car with a tired or dirty plate. We at Twin Performance Engineering are pleased to offer a solution.This is a plate made from ABS plastic, also known as a vanity cover, designed to clean up the look of your car. Backing is adhesive, so no drilling required. Clean bumper, slap this on, and have an updated clean look your car deserves.ITEM FITS PLASTIC BUMPER VEHICLES ONLY.Price includes shipping to the lower 48 states. International shipping available. This product is not affiliated, licensed, approved, or made by or for Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft or its subsidaries.

Front filler plate greatly enhances the appearance by covering up the license plate mounting voids.Nobody likes to ruin the front of their car with a tired or dirty plate. We at Twin Performance Engineering are pleased to offer a solution.This is a plate made from ABS plastic, also known as a vanity cover, designed to clean up the look of your car. Backing is adhesive, so no drilling required. Clean bumper, slap this on, and have an updated clean look your car deserves.ITEM FITS PLASTIC BUMPER VEHICLES ONLY.Price includes shipping to the lower 48 states. International shipping available. This product is not affiliated, licensed, approved, or made by or for Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft or its subsidaries.

DD '03 AW M3

Comment

Working...
                        X