X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great man!
    I do things.

Comment

Wow to everything. Your cabinet skills are just as great as your car skills. Looking forward to moar updates!!

Comment

With the orange paint a darker brown will probably be better suited.
        Heres mine. I was really trying to replicate the 911r interior but couldnt find a dark enough brown that would work with me in the sunlight so I opted for more of a saddle blend. Boy do i wish i went well with your first couple of samples instead.

Amazing build needless to say!

Comment

Going forward, I think it would be good if the pictures were a bit smaller. Excellent progress though.

Comment

Subscribed.

This is an unbelievable attention to details of detail :-) I actually feel much happier after I stumbled upon this thread and read it. And reread it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
              You've purchase a replacement serpentine flow condenser for R134a? A parallel flow is what you want.

Damn, there’s a point. Part number roulette fail ��
              I *usually* only pull aircon OUT of E30's not put it in.. Plus I have never dabbled in aircon, so thanks for that advice.

is it only the condenser or the unit that goes into the HVAC box too?

You wouldn't have a part number for a parallel flow condenser would you?? :)
              Last edited by burkey001; 02-07-2019, 12:12 PM.
              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by Drei Zwanzig View Post
                Subscribed.

This is an unbelievable attention to details of detail I actually feel much happier after I stumbled upon this thread and read it. And reread it. Thank you.
                Thanks sir, this will be a slow build but we all need projects :)

Originally posted by Spool View Post
                With the orange paint a darker brown will probably be better suited.
                Heres mine. I was really trying to replicate the 911r interior
                Hey that looks pretty great. Not going to lie, I have thought about doing the same. Where did you source the houndstooth fabric? How does it feel?

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                Looking great man!
                :) tk u tk u

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
                Wow to everything. Your cabinet skills are just as great as your car skills. Looking forward to moar updates!!
                :) tk u tk u
                Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                Going forward, I think it would be good if the pictures were a bit smaller. Excellent progress though.
                Good point, will do. Apologies
                88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
                  Damn, there’s a point. Part number roulette fail ��
                  I *usually* only pull aircon OUT of E30's not put it in.. Plus I have never dabbled in aircon, so thanks for that advice.

is it only the condenser or the unit that goes into the HVAC box too?

You wouldn't have a part number for a parallel flow condenser would you?? :)
                  Nissens 94172 is what you want. OEM fit, accepts original cooling fan, but parallel flow.

No need to change the evaporator but you'll want a R134a expansion valve, you can't buy the R12 valves new anymore anyway so any you order will be R134a.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                  https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

perfect, thank you

bookmarking this for myself
                    Last edited by burkey001; 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      You've purchase a replacement serpentine flow condenser for R134a? A parallel flow is what you want.
                      This. Performance is gonna suck with serpentine and I’m not even sure if it can cycle r134a efficiently.

Also, I think the black rings would look better, you don’t have a lot of silver bits on the car, if it was chrome like the kidney grills it would be a different story.

Keep up the good work, looks amazing.

Edit: whoops didn’t see Jordan beat me to it. My bad.

Comment

Not much has been happening past 7 weeks as I've broken a collarbone (again) and intentionally not had surgery to pin it (it's a shit experience... so I have just been taking it easy and letting nature do its job)

I have been testing out a few interior commbinations.

Long story short, it all boiled down to some kind of brown or some kind of blue.

I think blue is winning. So now testing out a whole bunch of dark blues from Spinneybeck.

there was a temporary dabble in red, but it was only a dabble... was never going to win, maybe for another exterior colour

brown has had a fair run, but it has been difficult to match it to a nice looking fabric i like
                        this is kind of heading in the right direction

but blue has been striking a chord with me
                        i think this is shaping up as fairly likely

so now i want to check similar colours and also qualities and kinds of leather.

Comment

Have to admit I'm a sucker for the blue - looks very nice!
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Blue would be my pick for sure
                            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

hello everyone :)
                              I finally did a few things. SO NICE to not have broken bones and be able to do stuff again…

HVAC box is finally fully rebuilt. Stripped and cleaned. New foam seals. Cleaned & rewrapped wiring. New relays. New sensor. New blower. New heater core. New expansion doo-dad and valve. Allll ticked boo

Also transferred the HVAC pipes and wiring loom from my old dash to the new dash. HVAC pipes got a clean and they have had some sound deadening applied to hopefully drop some of the drumming / roar when blower is on high. Not too much, I know they only hang onto the dash with a few very small screws.

New window seals installed. These are pretty tough to install, particularly the rear window around the new, super tight head-lining

New rear window seals

Few more trim bits you will never see, like the AC air guide and the belly pan

Some new horns

Put my hood strut in… shiny and good, with 12pt ARP stainless hardware

Quick test the rear seats still fit with all the sound deadnening…

Poor thing has been ignored since Feb… so nice to be back into it

AND finally have an interior combo…

Am currently slightly re-profiling the door trims, because you need to be a little custom

Comment

Daymn!

The little bits like hardware make such a big difference.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X