My “free” e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Theres a upper radiator support bracket you should get your hands on too, just to keep it 100% OEM. Not sure if the supports on the bottom are the same, but you'll know once you install it.

Ok Tysm I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
      Ok Tysm I appreciate it!

I have one, you can come get it today for $10

Comment

My “free” e30

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
        I have one, you can come get it today for $10

Wow that’s so amazing thank you man I’ll text you when I’m off work. I don’t get paid till midnight tonight but I’m sure I got a 10 laying around somewhere. For the bracket right?

Comment

Wow that’s so amazing thank you man I’ll text you when I’m off work. I don’t get paid till midnight tonight but I’m sure I got a 10 laying around somewhere. For the bracket right?

Yes. The upper radiator support.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
            Yes. The upper radiator support.

Ok cool I’ll msg you around 430-5

Comment

So I’ve finally fixed my daily so I can begin to focus on the e30. All I can say is putting a Alternator in a 2000 Nissan Maxima sucks. Still trying to obtain late model expansion tank other than that I think I have everything and I’m ready to complete this project. Well at least get it running. I’m currently stuck at orreilys getting my batt charged for the maxima.

Comment

Great story. Helluva project. It will be fun to see how it progresses.

Comment

My “free” e30

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                  Great story. Helluva project. It will be fun to see how it progresses.

Thank you just threw these hoses on now that I have the correct radiator only problem is now the Temp sensor does not reach other than that I have a feeling it going to be time to try to start it.Click image for larger version

Name:	57447710893__7B18C43D-73D0-4873-950C-88A13F7AD60C.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	7201075Click image for larger version

Name:	57447728560__E57ACF03-4D5A-428E-94DE-036FDC92E3AA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	7201076Click image for larger version

Name:	57447726290__57E181EE-0D95-44D2-9A65-2ADEDD3C9D31.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	7201077 Took this out don’t know what it is lol did not seem to match the hoses provided by the CA Tuned hose kit.
                  Last edited by Beamerboi; 03-17-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Great news we got it to fire last night! However I do have a question. Can any one be so kind to let me know where the Fuel pressure regulator hose plugs in? I know the one line goes to the intake manifold but I don’t not know where the second one on the driver side go?

Comment

Great news we got it to fire last night! However I do have a question. Can any one be so kind to let me know where the Fuel pressure regulator hose plugs in? I know the one line goes to the intake manifold but I don’t not know where the second one on the driver side go?
                      Congrats on getting it running!

The fuel pressure regular has one vacuum line that goes to the intake manifold.

Post a pic of what youre talking about?

Are you talking about the fuel LINES? There is a feed and return that go to the fuel rail
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Congrats on getting it running!

The fuel pressure regular has one vacuum line that goes to the intake manifold.

Post a pic of what youre talking about?

Are you talking about the fuel LINES? There is a feed and return that go to the fuel rail

Hey! Thank you so much! Yeah I figured it out now I have a leak to fix but I think it’s the water outlet gasket that the heater hoses go on. The hoses are dry but there is water dripping down to the center of the trans bell housing. Rear main seal new and my hoses are new. So I’m assuming maybe it’s that gasket. So off with the intake manifold again :/ but yes I’m so stoked! Oh yes I also have to bleed the clutch system.

Comment

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted so I figured I would give you all an update on My e30. So like I said before we got it to fire up and it will stay on long as I’m giving it a little gas. I was having issues with the cooling system leaking from the water outlet flange in the back of the block near firewall. I ordered the gasket along with some blue RTV silicon. I’ll tell you what that was so frustrating to put on but after screaming like a spartan at it, I finally got both bolts on. Glad to say there was no more leakage from the back area where there was initial leakage. However upon further inspection the thermostat housing was leaking me being dumb start tightening it and completely snapped the housing. Good thing I have and extra M20 so we pulled the thermostat off the old/extra engine I have. Great only thing is the old thermostat is fused to the housing. Whatever we threw it in and I’m glad to say no leaks. Now I believe I may need a valve adjustment to double check all vacuum lines and bleed the clutch. I really hope I can get her rolling soon. I’m really feeling very close yet very far away. I just wish there was someone I can just hire to do the rest lol I’m getting sick of being a grease monkey kidding but man this has been a huge challenge. I thought getting it started would feel better but I won’t be full happy till I can drive. On a side not the city has gave me 2 tickets for being parked in my own drive way so I had to make room in the garage to avoid fines for parking on my own property. So she hiding rn.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	7201316

Comment

Uh oh... sounds like it will resurface from the garage in 3 years in a FS ad... “ ran when I put it in the garage, just needs to be finished” lol

Get to it!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Uh oh... sounds like it will resurface from the garage in 3 years in a FS ad... “ ran when I put it in the garage, just needs to be finished” lol

Get to it!

I’m on it all day tomorrow! I’m super determined. It’s only been since last June I feel like I’m moving at a decent pace.

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X