X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a 2.8 m20b25 stroker build.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

In preparations of my engine build for the silver car Im going to put a little bit of money into this one to get it back on the road so I can take my time on the swap and DD the black one.

And it appears the engine plans have bumped it up to 2.9L as I will be getting custom pistons. Final parts buying will probably occur through December and the swap hopefully around the holidays or just after.

DSC_0359 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

Looks great, How has the ride been with the drop? I am considering dropping one of mine and am shopping for suspensions.

Comment

I've liked the ride. I think the trade off between being too bumpy/stiff vs feeling planted in turns and being lower is way worth it. My girlfriend on the other hand, doesn't get why Id want it bumpy. Its really only bad on potholes and noticeable bumps.

Update with the sway bar, I like the increase in body rigidity. Really tightens the car up too. Definitely worth the swap.

Comment

nice! best e30 color ever!
            91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
            ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
              nice! best e30 color ever!
              Thanks, if only it was fresh paint. Oh well.

So about three times in the past month or so my car wouldn't start. With a few pokes to the wire between the starter and solenoid and a few other minutes hitting things, it would start back up. Well, trying to go to work today... no start again and no luck getting it going so that was the last straw. Time to change the starter.

Had to push the car from my spot on the street to infront my house. Jack it up and kick the ramps under each side.

Nothing pretty under here... and the air filter arm is gone.

There it is, and it looks old and worn out. And out ya go. Holy crap there is almost zero room to hold the back of the top bolt from rotating. But with some flexible arms squeezing into small spaces and out it comes that easily.

And the new guy, reman'd unit because I'm cheap and I'll have to get an "i" version for the engine swap anyways.

Comment

Bit of progress on the stroker build. Ive been keeping it at a shop my dads friend owns and haven't really had the chance to make it over since I just started my new job. Well I had a hour yesterday to run over with my dad and start breaking it down. We got off basically all the hoses and wires and intake. We plan on going back Thursday to finish up. Im trying to test fit my m52 crank to see how much if any will need to be shaved. From there it will be time for custom pistons. Will take any suggestions on CR but right now Im thinking a final of 10:1 is what Im going for.

Pic of crusty engine because pics are exciting.

Comment

Well I can say it sucks to only have a hour a couple days a week to be working on things. Went back to the shop and got the head off but the catchup was on the crankshaft bolt. We had no clue what we were doing and couldn't get that thing to break loose. Even trying with a huge pipe on a big wrench no go, and then trying with a air gun still no go.

We never got the toothed pulley part off so maybe we should have done that first. We would try to hold onto it to keep it from spinning while working on the crank bolt. Tomorrow we may try to get it off first and we may also ask around to see if there is any crank pulley holder tool in the area we can borrow. Two of the six pulley bolts were snapped off in there so getting them out is on the list to do eventually (we didn't snap them, it was like that. promise lol).

Also the funny/weird part was there was dog food in the head. About 8 decent sized pieces of dry food chunks fell out when we split the head from the block. Coulda been something else, I should have taken a picture.

Comment

Got off work early yesterday so I had the time to get back to the shop. Stripped the rest of the engine and finally got the crank bolt off. Had to use a giant breaker with a 4' pipe and a pry bar holding the crank still. Used a block of wood too but Im not sure if that helped any, just kinda crushed the wood.

Now I think Im on the step of getting the new pistons ordered and cleaning up the block. I'll post back with specs once everything is finalized.

And on a side note I think my heater is going out. Never really gets super hot in the car and sometimes itll just cut out. Gonna try to troubleshoot that this week.

Blurry pic of the engine bits...

Comment

The engine has been dropped off at VAC. The specs will be...

-b25 block bored to 85mm
                      -m52 crank (84mm stroke)
                      -cp pistons 85mm with 11:1 compression
                      -b25 135mm rods

Getting excited here, this part with cleaning and getting the block and pistons ready will be about a month. Hopefully within that time Ill have enough money again to get the head work started. That's gonna be ported and polished with a cam in the 280s, still not sure on that end.

Comment

should go like shit off a shovel with that combo :)
                        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Your motor plans sound kickass. And what a difference the drop made! I have an 87 in project phase and it looks like a monster truck cause it's on blocks. I needed those before and after shots of your 87 to keep me from worrying…
                          Side note, I love your schwarz sedan. I'd be modding that one (I'm not saying you should be). I'm a sucker for 4-door late models.

Looking real good.
                          Originally posted by Andy.B
                          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I want this thing so bad
                            I'd kill for an early model Lachs I could do dirty things to

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                              should go like shit off a shovel with that combo :)
                              That's the plan ;D

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                              Side note, I love your schwarz sedan. I'd be modding that one (I'm not saying you should be). I'm a sucker for 4-door late models.
                              The sedan will be the ride while I swap the engine over and getting it going right. After that who knows what will happen to it.

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                              I want this thing so bad
                              I'd kill for an early model Lachs I could do dirty things to
                              Dirty things will be happening. Early models are great, I would love to get euro bumpers eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                                Dirty things will be happening. Early models are great, I would love to get euro bumpers eventually.
                                you have good taste

I approve of this build

Comment

Working...
                                X