• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a 944 booster and prettied it up a bit with some spray paint
    Before:

After:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice, eager to see where this goes....make me think about what to do with my car...
      sigpic1990 325IS,
      2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

Comment

Engine is finally out!!! Once again things took way longer that anticipated! Using a seatbelt to support the back of the engine worked great but we still had a heck of a time getting the oil pan to clear the steering knuckle but it finally came out with a good bit of muscle.

I did end up having to cut some wires that lloked like they came from the driver side floor board to underneath the intake manifold. Anyone know what those are?

Here's the empty bay from the e36, anyone see anything else I need to take off for the swap?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
          I've been out of the r3v world for a while so forgive me if i dont remember who you are. Are you who I bought the car from? :o

Yeah, that was a long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
            Here's the empty bay from the e36, anyone see anything else I need to take off for the swap?
            Steering rack and lines
            Body side x20 plug
            AC lines
            RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
              Steering rack and lines
              Body side x20 plug
              AC lines
              Thanks, i dont plan on swapping the steering rack but will at least pull it to sell it.

Comment

Can anyone help me with these cut wires? I think the first might be for the SAP? Which I dont need anyway right?

The second were wires that I believe ran through the firewall somewhere to the drivers footwell but I could be remembering wrong

Comment

What colours are the wires inside the first pic? If brown/orange it's the grounds.

You shouldn't have had to cut anything, the engine harness seperates completely from the chassis...

The last 3 look like you cut the TPS, cannister purge and something else off...

Comment

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
                    What colours are the wires inside the first pic? If brown/orange it's the grounds.

You shouldn't have had to cut anything, the engine harness seperates completely from the chassis...

The last 3 look like you cut the TPS, cannister purge and something else off...
                    Thanks, ill check on the color, that wire is bundled with two other griund straps.

My buddy was getting antsy to get the engine out cause he needed his garage space and we couldnt get those other cables loose so we cut them.

Whats the best option for reconnecting those? Or did I screw myself and need to get a new harness?

Comment

find the plugs, solder and heatshrink.

Chances are the plugs are still connected to the relevant components you removed.

Comment

So two years into the project and I barely have anything done, I guarantee this will be the longest M52 build on r3v :p

Anyway, Im trying to get as many parts together so when I finally do find time to work on the e30 between work, church, baseball games, soccer games, yard work and keeping my e46 running I'm not wasting time. I'm not really doing anything performance wise on the engine (no m50 manifold, upgraded injectors, etc...), just normal maintenance stuff.

Here's a list of parts I've gotten together so far. Are there any other parts for the engine/transmission (g260) I should go ahead and replace while the engine is on a stand?

Already Purchased:
                        SAP delete/blank plate
                        oil filter housing gasket
                        valve cover gasket
                        metal water pump
                        thermostat
                        belts
                        trans input & output shaft seal
                        trans shift shaft/selector rod seal
                        clutch pivot fork & pin
                        clutch release/throwout bearing & spring
                        SS clutch line

I also have the following accessories/etc...:
                        Oil Pan/Gasket/etc...
                        Motor mounts
                        944 booster

Comment

How's it coming along? If you ever want to sell it back to me let me know :D
                          Last edited by Thatguy_JZ; 09-23-2018, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Your timing is spot on. I finally got the car back home yesterday from my buddies house who was storing it while I was waiting for our new house to be built.
                            A quick before and after from washing it today.

Last edited by schmidty; 11-12-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I'm also pretty much done with the transmission refresh (seals and some other odds and ends...a few pics below) so I'm ready to mate that back up to the engine.
                              Then need to prep the engine bay (remove AC parts, install 944 brake booster, e36 engine mount arms), attach headers and then drop the engine/trans in.
                              Knowing my timeline that'll take another 6-9 months. [emoji13] Although I'm sure my neighbors are going to love seeing a 'broken down' car in the driveway so I guess I have some incentive to get the engine in so I can actually roll it into the garage to work on it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180624_151222.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	7197804

Name:	IMG_20180519_140506.jpeg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	7197805

Name:	IMG_20180903_133334.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	7197806Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180717_190726.jpg
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	7197807
                              Last edited by schmidty; 11-12-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Awesome man! Keep it going!

Comment

Working...
                                X