No announcement yet.

Schmidtye30's M52 Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also make sure you have the mounts sitting correctly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    1989 325i S50 swapped
    2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by bumada View Post
      Haha they do because I did it.

Lol, just double checked and and I do have them right. The one with the 90 degree bend is on passenger side and the bend is going to the back.

Here's the driver side

Comment

Hmm. Do you have the tranny bolted already? The motor does look to be sitting off center.

1989 325i S50 swapped
        2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Hmm. Do you have the tranny bolted already? The motor does look to be sitting off center.

Yes, tranny is bolted to engine and tranny brace is attached.
          It seems like the passenger side needs to move back towards firewall just a bit more but it won't and best I can tell it's not hitting the firewall.
          Passenger side needs to rotate up some too and it will if I jack up the passenger side of engine. It eventually hits the brake booster but I don't think that's causing the problem I'm having

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
            Yes, tranny is bolted to engine and tranny brace is attached.
            It seems like the passenger side needs to move back towards firewall just a bit more but it won't and best I can tell it's not hitting the firewall.
            Passenger side needs to rotate up some too and it will if I jack up the passenger side of engine. It eventually hits the brake booster but I don't think that's causing the problem I'm having

Hard to to problem solve when I'm can't see it. My advice would be to undo the trans brace from the body. Line up the motor mounts then if I remember correctly, the trans brace has the slide adjustment to the body.

1989 325i S50 swapped
            2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Hard to to problem solve when I'm can't see it. My advice would be to undo the trans brace from the body. Line up the motor mounts then if I remember correctly, the trans brace has the slide adjustment to the body.

Thanks, thinking the same. And disconnect the driver mount that's in. Bolt up both mount to the arms and arms to the block and then lower it back onto the subframe and wiggle it in.
              I think having the mounts bolted to subframe and trying to line up the arms might be harder

Do you think the way it is now with one motor mount connect and the two tranny mounts connected it would be safe to tow it on a two wheel dolly for 5-6 miles?
              Im moving next week so it's either that or call a flatbed to come tow it.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
                Thanks, thinking the same. And disconnect the driver mount that's in. Bolt up both mount to the arms and arms to the block and then lower it back onto the subframe and wiggle it in.
                I think having the mounts bolted to subframe and trying to line up the arms might be harder

Do you think the way it is now with one motor mount connect and the two tranny mounts connected it would be safe to tow it on a two wheel dolly for 5-6 miles?
                Im moving next week so it's either that or call a flatbed to come tow it.

Should be fine. All the shock will be on the back wheels.

1989 325i S50 swapped
                2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Working...
                X