Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turner Chip VS SSSQUID Chip on Stock ETA engine

What up yall.

Im in the market to chip my 325e (stock) to give it a little more life during my morning commutes.

What are your thoughts on those 2 chips. Jesse at SSSQUID has been nothing but great help, but i wanted to hear some feedback before pulling the trigger.

Thank you!

Turner was developed like 25 years ago. Also they are owned by ECS tuning now, which I always thought were shady - and it turns out they are. SSSquid all the way.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ECS sucks, Turner used to be awesome but it sounds like those days are over. I ran a SSSquid chip for years in my iX and those guys are fixing up my MS setup as we speak and have been extraordinarily knowledgeable and helpful.

Another vote for SSSquid!

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Yeah, not even a question here.

Originally posted by nando View Post
        SSSquid all the way.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Has anyone checked SSSquids pricing recently? I was looking at getting a chip for my rallyx ix earlier this year but got distracted. Went to buy it the other day and I swear he nearly tripled his prices.

He got successful fast because of his competitive prices. I guess this just opens the door for someone else.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            Has anyone checked SSSquids pricing recently? I was looking at getting a chip for my rallyx ix earlier this year but got distracted. Went to buy it the other day and I swear he nearly tripled his prices.

He got successful fast because of his competitive prices. I guess this just opens the door for someone else.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
            Have they changed that much? The chip I had for my rallyX iX doesn't look like it's changed price at all since I bought it a few years ago- $185.

Do your mods ramp the price up somehow?

He has been troubleshooting my MegaSquirt for a few sessions now and has been extraordinarily reasonably priced and unbelievably helpful.

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Originally posted by tonytones View Post
              i wanted to hear some feedback before pulling the trigger.
              Thank you!

Don't waste your money on any of them. Stock chip is the best program for your E30. But people don't want to hear this, they just believe they will be faster if they waste their money

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
                Don't waste your money on any of them. Stock chip is the best program for your E30. But people don't want to hear this, they just believe they will be faster if they waste their money
                here comes HakkenTT (DesertBMW) spewing his bile. Since a lot of people here are new, learn to ignore this troll. He's still mad that I wouldn't give him a copy of the chips from MarkD so he could make money tuning M20s without putting any work into it. I guess thats why he says don't bother, because he can't do it. :p
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Lol owned
                  sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                  1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                  1991 318is - Sold
                  1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser View Post
                    Have they changed that much? The chip I had for my rallyX iX doesn't look like it's changed price at all since I bought it a few years ago- $185.

Do your mods ramp the price up somehow?

He has been troubleshooting my MegaSquirt for a few sessions now and has been extraordinarily reasonably priced and unbelievably helpful.
                    Yeah, I think was just remembering his prices incorrectly. Now that I look at them again they look fine. I dunno, maybe I was stressed that day or something.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

I liked the improvement from an SSS quid chip in our stock eta. Improved the throttle response and raised the redline a bit.

It's now FS with the ecu since we are doing a motronic swap.
                      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                      Alice the Time Capsule
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Working...
                      X