Bav Auto Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bav Auto Closing

You guys know anything about this? Posted on their site that they are closing their doors. Curious as to why.

Very sad for the employees. Gordon and Mike were class act. Lots of good memories at their show and shine. Bummer.

Touched on in this thread as well...

Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Totally sucks! I love those guys. They shipped fast, had great customer service and were honest. Great prices too.

As one last testament to their good ethics, I ordered over $225 worth of stuff from them in the past week and the last of it is in transit to me right now.

I’ll be interested to hear why they went out. I suspect that excess parcel costs were a contributor, they often sent orders to me in three or more shipments. Super inefficient and costly.
      Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
      1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
      Palm Beach County

Comment

Also must have been tough limiting their market to the mini/bmw brand. Thats really what made them stand out in my mind.

Comment

I used to enjoy going to their annual show-n-shine back when I lived in RI, seemed like a bunch of enthusiasts were working there
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

bav auto

Could be a number of factors at play here. But I've used BAV Auto for at least 15 years and they have been simply the best. Their instructional videos have saved me thousands of dollars over the years. You could always trust their parts. Return policy was great as well. Service was top notch. Very little wait time. The bimmer I own now will be my last one so the loss is not the worst.

Comment

Sad

Wow! Such sad news for us enthusiasts. I just received my large order of BMW oil and filters.

Comment

I remember getting their parts catalog in the mail in the early 2000s and I used to order a lot from them as well. Their newsletter and instructional videos on youtube have also helped me out on a few occasions. I quit ordering from them because they were usually more expensive and took longer to ship than other places, but still sad to see them go.
                My Feedback

Comment

on several occasions in the past 8 months I’ve had issues with them telling me they have a part over the phone and after weeks of waiting and calling they can’t get it anymore, last instance was for an e34 rear caliper ... something Autozone had in stock. I thought it was strange especially when the rep over the phone gave me a slight attitude and told me “it’s a really old car, these parts are hard to get” a bmw parts supplier can’t get parts for a 90’s 5 series...I used fcp until I recently got a world pac account.
                  -His-
                  87 e30 325i
                  87 e24 m6
                  05 e83 x3
                  94 e32 740i 5spd
                  -Hers-
                  89 e30 325i
                  18 f48 x1

Comment

I agree, I also grew tired of their saucy attitude.
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

does that mean clearance sale?
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Bav Auto Closing

Ya is the actual website being shut down? Just says “door’s closing”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                          does that mean clearance sale?
                          No. They had the warehouse emptied and hauled off few days ago.

Comment

Sucks to lose another supplier. When I was first starting out with my E30 and our E36 I loved the DIY videos, and j bought a few parts from them. The catalogs were cool too since they were the only parts store to distribute a nice catalog. Sorry to see them go... Nowadays I do 99% of my shopping from FCP and eEuro anyway since they have warranties and are local enough to do warehouse pickup if it's an emergency.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
                            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I did use their Pagid brake pads and liked them. Anyone know what pads would be comparable?
                              Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Working...
                              X