BBS RS for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS RS for sale!

Hey all! I am new here, but my e30 is just getting finished (s52 swap!) and thought this was the perfect time to sell my wheels.

For sale: BBS RS wheels with a 1988 manufacturing date, all original pieces and freshly rebuilt. 16x8 front and 16x9 rear, 5x120 lug pattern. Can come with 4x100 adaptors for the right price.

Outer lips were professionally repolished, wheels were professionally rebuilt with fresh, stainless, BBS spec hardware and BBS recommended sealant. tires are Toyo Proxes R1R. The whole package has literally 0 miles on them since rebuild, and are balanced and ready to be mounted.

I have the waffle plates, but do not have the threaded center cap.

Would potentially be willing to ship. Would love to get $2,100 for the setup with tires but am open to offers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dirtiest30; 04-10-2019, 08:56 AM.

Offset?
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

^^This and RS wheel model E.g. 001, 212 etc......

Drive Tastefully!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

061 and ET 20 front, and 075 et 8 rear. They have been rebuild before so the professional that rebuilt them for me says the offset is less aggressive now

Cheers!

Comment

What are the tire sizes?

What color are the centers painted?

Why would the offset change? You'd have to shave the hub to change the offset or add larger lips, but based on the information provided these look to be stock specs for 061 and 075 wheels.

Needs clarification.

Comment

Should probably post a few more than two instagram shots too with that asking price
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
              What are the tire sizes?

What color are the centers painted?

Why would the offset change? You'd have to shave the hub to change the offset or add larger lips, but based on the information provided these look to be stock specs for 061 and 075 wheels.

Needs clarification.
              the tire sizes are 225/50/16, the centers are painted bronze and the offsets I listed ARE the stock offsets. but because the mating surfaces between the inner barrel, faceplate and outer barrel need to be machined so they seal as well as possible, the offset will change because the pickup point for the hub does, in essence, change.
              Last edited by dirtiest30; 03-13-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Should probably post a few more than two instagram shots too with that asking price
                My closest friend is a professional photographer, and the wheels have never been on the car. The wheels have never been on the car because the poor e30 has spent the last 11 months hostage to a shady mechanic, I am using the money from these wheels to help finish the car properly. So the "instagram photos" are all I have, but please let me know what you'd like to see in the additional photos and I would be happy to send you some!
                Last edited by dirtiest30; 03-13-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtiest30 View Post
                  the tire sizes are 225/50/16, the centers are painted bronze and the offsets I listed ARE the stock offsets. but because the mating surfaces between the inner barrel, faceplate and outer barrel need to be machined so they seal as well as possible, the offset will change because the pickup point for the hub does, in essence, change.
                  We'd be talking a very small change though, given that the only thing that would matter would be the material taken off the inner barrel and the material taken off the back of the wheel center as those are the two that would affect where the hub sits in relation to the center of the wheel. So if I'm thinking about this correctly this would move the hub toward the center of the car, so decreasing offset slightly in both cases. So et20 in the front might be 18-19 potentially and et8 in the rear might become 6-7?

Let me know if I'm wrong on that, don't want misinformation in your thread, but I can't imagine that you'd be able to shave off more than that and still have a structurally sound wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                    We'd be talking a very small change though, given that the only thing that would matter would be the material taken off the inner barrel and the material taken off the back of the wheel center as those are the two that would affect where the hub sits in relation to the center of the wheel. So if I'm thinking about this correctly this would move the hub toward the center of the car, so decreasing offset slightly in both cases. So et20 in the front might be 18-19 potentially and et8 in the rear might become 6-7?

Let me know if I'm wrong on that, don't want misinformation in your thread, but I can't imagine that you'd be able to shave off more than that and still have a structurally sound wheel.
                    Oh no you're absolutely correct! technically the numbers will increase to be less aggressive (0 is back of the wheels is flush with hub) so I think the offsets were now ET22 and ET10 or something to that effect. It isn't a major change and the wheels are still perfectly fine to use, just trying to be as exact as possible so the potential buyer can understand the potential fitment they'd achieve! ;-)

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

What size are the lips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Working...