Alpina tribute, dakar, ex autocross built daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpina tribute, dakar, ex autocross built daily driver

edit with price drop. I’m dropping the price to 8500 obo. I’ve got a few jobs lined up and just don’t have the time to work on her. If no ac is killing the deal let me know and we can negotiate, also if you crave any other photos let me know! Also to confirm I have in fact done the timing belt and water pump, as well as a new set of tires, this car couldn’t be more ready to hit the road.

Im working on getting all my photos uploaded to flickr so feel free to click the link to the album if you cant wait

Explore this photo album by rhinowebb on Flickr!

[IMG]Untitled by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

This car started life as a completely base 318i in 1984 with an automatic trans. Since then pretty much everything has changed.

The second life of this car was of a completely built autocross toy assembled to hang with the e30 M3 that the owner pined over. Thicker sway bars from ireland engineering were added as well as strut bars from BMP. Front springs were changed to H&R while the rears were adjustable ground controls followed by bilstein struts all around. Camber plates were added in front as well as treehouse racing eyeball arms and an adjustable camber plate set was installed into the rear subframe.

Inside he stripped everything and built the most basic e30 ever with not one power option inside, manual windows, manual sunroof, manual seats, no obc, no check control... BASIC

The drivetrain was swapped out from a 1987 325iS 5 speed and the limited slip diff went out back. in 1998 the car was in disassembly and being young the owner wanted a real M3 wannabe so dakar yellow was sprayed on almost every surface.

To accommodate the drivetrain change the entire vehicle harness from the 87 325 went into the car after paint as well. All outter trims were switched to shadowline and almost immediately after the car was finished its owner found an e30 M3 he could afford and the Dakar wannabe was moth balled.

I was lucky enough to aquire the car and put my touch on. I found an alpina style interior with authentic alpina fabric and went with alpina front and rear spoiler outside to match. Since there wasnt a radio I added a pioneer head unit and speakers and to top it off instaled a black headliner to match the seats upholstery finishing it off with black dyed carpets. A set of euro bumpers replaced a set of fiberglass mtech2 kit bumpers and a set of adapters from 8380 Labs allowed the install of a set of 16X8 bbs wheels from an e38. The spare well was butchered quite badly and the stock tank missing so I added a foam filled race cell that holds an extra gallon so that it can still handle daily driver life.

The body on this car should be considered ready for daily duty and or track duty. There was rust in the floor pans which I replaced and can send detailed pictures of, the only exposed rust in the car is photographed at the bottom of the rear bumper behind the wheel. The rockers are solid, frame rails are solid. Oddly everything looks great except for that one spot. I do operate a restoration shop specializing in metal work if the new owner so wishes to have this repaired.

This car is still setup for the autocross track and handles very firmly as such. The full interior adds a touch of comfort for daily duties so that the car hasnt got only one ability, however blockoff plates cover holes for a roll bar to mount if a more serious vehicle is desired. The engine is still mostly stock with the exception of the ireland engineering header and ansa exhaust so it still will get 25mpg.

I have an appointment to have a new timing belt water pump and tires next week, after which the car will be aligned to factory specs unless someone wants it aligned for sport.

There are tons of details youll see in the photos that Ive no doubt forgotten, but feel free to ask any questions. Im not currently accepting trades.

PM me here, email me at rhinowebb at gmail or call or text 615 478 7381
    Last edited by 6erwebb; 05-17-2019, 05:45 PM.
    DSC_0195 by Webster Burch, on Flickr

[IMG]DSC_0746 by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0744 by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0743 by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0741 by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0736 by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0734 by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0737 by rhinowebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

this thing is sick. I would be all over this. GLWS.

Comment

Thanks! It’s slowly getting little fixes and updates as it hangs around so it will only get nicer as time goes on ��

Comment

Webb is local to me and a helluva guy. Buy with confidence!
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Shucks, thanks bud!

Comment

Wow nice car. That interior is cleaaaannn. GLWS

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

This is such a cool, unique build...love the Alpina mods and even the color...and anyone buying it will have a 157 rear spoiler that is extremely valuable these days.

Comment

This is an awesome build
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                  :shock:

Comment

If this was closer I’d probably snag it

Comment

Shipping should be 1500 or less to California.. anything’s possible!

Comment

I believe I saw this car while getting coffee this morning. Nice machine. GLWS.

Comment

This E30 is a big deal. I hope anyone who contacts OP understands that and does not low ball. $9900 is an absolutely fair price for this. I have no relation to the OP, please note.

Comment

Dang you guys thanks for the kind words!

Not gunna lie, I’ve had a lot of exorbitant offers on the alpina bits which had me considering converting to mtech1... so don’t let me keep this thing too long ��

Comment

Where did you get the front spoiler?

Thanks,
                              Brian
                              ‘84 e30
                              '09 e61
                              '03 e53

Comment

Working...
                              X