Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 Throttle disasembly

Ok so I needed something fun to do as a project in modeling/assembly class
    at school and I tought I could do the M42 throttle body since I had one laying around. so in order to measure everything, disasembly went on till the last part the shaft that holds the biggest butterfly... on one side, there seems to be a pressed in cap(probably enclosing a bearing) and on the other side, a bracket is punched on the end of the shaft.....how am I supose to get it out? It looks to be pressed fit but I feel like its going to break if I go at it with more force. Anyway pictures might be better to explain my situation.

Anyone have a clue on how to do it?? thanks
    sigpic

Not sure, but it seems like you would have to take a punch of the appropriate size and punch the shaft from the linkage side. This should eventually pop the cap out as well as allow the linkage to come off the shaft. Just a guess though. I will take a closer look when I go out in the garage in a bit....
    89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
    E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

what software are you using... thats gonna be a bitch to do imo, but i havent yet mastered modeling things, cant figure out how to get good measurements alot of the time, and smooth flowing shapes give me trouble too
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
        what software are you using... thats gonna be a bitch to do imo, but i havent yet mastered modeling things, cant figure out how to get good measurements alot of the time, and smooth flowing shapes give me trouble too
        I'm used to solidworks but this class is about NX5 and the smooth flowing shapes are bitch I have trouble with them too. But its kind of the idea modeling something that I know i'll have problem with so I can ask question
        to the teacher....

and Ive cleaned everything quick quick

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X