replacing steel fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing steel fuel line

Return line is rusty and all rubber lines are cracking so I'm considering doing it all. Anything else I should plan on? Thanks

Should plan on smelling like gas. Get new high presure clamps. I did this a few weeks ago.

Cheapest way to do it is to get some brake lines and bend it into shape... just because its labeled "brake line" doesn't mean it cant be used for gas. You could do a line for maybe 20 bucks.
    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment

does anyone have any issues with leaking gas by the tank. I havent figured out where its coming from, but everytime i start the car it leaks gas by the tank.
        THE ONLY WAY TO DRIVE AN S2K IS TOPLESS AND BOOSTED! GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!

sigpic

Comment

jpsfab: The filter is right under the car under passenger on drivers side. Might have a bad line or the fuel filter. Also there is a metal line that connects to parts of the tank. Look in dead middle, you could have a bad fitting?

GL

OP: I would replace the small lines to the fuel rail(rubber), and check your vacume lines for cracks while you are in the area

Comment

Already have new vacuum / coolant hoses and FI line. Thanks though.

Comment

Working...
            X