Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best method to get my car to sound like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best method to get my car to sound like this?

Hey guys I'm looking to give my a car deep sound like this, (325i vert)

Looking at my 1990 BMW E30 325i Cabrio Coupe Sport. It has Stainless Still Long Headers & X Pipe, so there is no Catalytic Converter or muffler. This system ...

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/YouTube.AdamC3046Chasing this modified BMW E30 was a bit of fun. He knows how to really get the most out of a vehicle!Flic...

Unfortunately I don't know what diameter is used and by x-pipe I think he means y-pipe?

Would this

+ Custom stainless straight pipe and exhaust tip be enough to make that sound? It says y/x pipe? if so which diameter should I use?

Thanks for the help!

That would probably go a long way towards getting it to sound like that. Is your m20 built at all or just stock (maybe with a chip)? The reason i ask is because a lot of the sound he is getting in that first video is due to the fact it is straight piped so it would have to not have a catalytic converter or any muffler or resonator. Even with stock sized piping that's gonna be loud.

One other thing to consider is if you go too big on piping then you will lose some low end response, though generally thats more of an issue if you went way bigger.

Personally I think you would get tired of straight piped, they have a tendency to drone.

Comment

It's completely stock. If I added a resonator would that help with the drone and not ruin the sound? I tried looking at magnaflows but they have alot of rasp.

Thanks

Comment

That car has dual exhaust all the way back so I don't see how he could have a y pipe anywhere

Comment

Working...
        X