1984 BMW E30 325 Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 BMW E30 325 Track Car

Up for sale is my 1984 BMW 325E track rat. This has been a fantastic vehicle for me thus far and has held its own on at a few autocross events, even with a fairly incompetent driver. I've put around 2K miles on the car over the last few months. Ideal beginner track car with all safety and suspension equipment. My reason for selling is a current lack of interest in an actual track day, and the arrival of yet another 80's project car in my driveway.

Price: $4,450 OBO

Mileage: Unknown, 200K+

Engine/Drivetrain: Car drives and handles very well. Shifts into each gear smoothly and the engine idles, revs, and pulls very well. No issues on the mechanical end of this vehicle and it is leak free. The E engine is not the most powerful, but we can think of this as a momentum car. Great candidate for an I swap, turbo setup, or a DOHC swap. As of now, this vehicle is my daily and has not let me down. With 200K on the engine, it does burn some oil, to the note of around a qt. Every 1500 miles depending upon how it is driven.

Fresh air filter
    Gutted Muffler
    Fresh oil change
    New Plugs (NGK)
    New Cap & Rotor
    New oil pan gasket
    Head rebuilt 5K miles ago by PO
    Clutch replaced 5K miles ago by PO
    1/8” steel oil pan skidplate
    Custom aluminum battery hold-down (it's going nowhere)

Brakes and Suspension: This vehicle is setup to handle and does so quite well. Brakes are of an unknown brand but seem to have decent stopping power and a ton of meat left. Modifications are noted below.

Condor Speed Shop Trailing Arm Bushings
    Condor Speed Shop Rear Subframe Bushings
    Condor Speed Shop Motor Mounts
    Condor Speed Shop Transmission Mounts
    Condor Speed Shop Front Control Arm Bushings
    Condor Speed Shop Differential Bushing
    LSD Differential (2.93) w/ RedLine Fluid
    ATE Brake Fluid
    E36 M3 Power Steering Rack
    Bilstein sport Struts
    H&R sport Springs
    Team Dynamics Pro-Race Wheels (15 X 6.5”)
    Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec Tires, 205/55/15 (2K miles)

Exterior: Bodywork is complete on this vehicle and it is ready for a scuff & spray. I chose to drive it as is, being that it is mostly a beater/track car for my use. A spray job will really make a nice difference. Body is straight with no rust. The chassis is super clean (best of the 3 E30's I’ve had so far) with no major rust. The bumpers have also been tucked by the PO for a more appealing look.

Interior: The interior is gutted, void of all sound deadening and interior panels. This car, being a first year model and stripped, is extremely lightweight. The heat/blower motor does still function as does the sunroof. There is no radio although it does appear as though one could be added. An auxiliary cigarrette lighter has been added.

6-point welded roll cage
    Longacre roll bar padding
    Corbeau fixed back seats
    5-Point G-Force harnesses (new)

This E30 is ready the track, autocross course, or street! Feel free to call/text (443-206-1256) for more information or to set up a time to see the car. I am not currently seeking trades, only cash offers in person.

Thanks for taking a look!
    -John
    Last edited by johnp2; 08-18-2015, 06:28 AM.

Bump for price drop. Open to offers.

Thanks
    -John

Comment

Weekly Bump!

Comment

Price Drop Bump!

Comment

Another price drop!

Comment

Sold! Thanks.

-John