Brand of choice for a cat-back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand of choice for a cat-back?

I'm looking for some pointers here on what to replace my cat-back with. I don't mind going stock bosal, but are there any other good aftermarket brands? I like a german accent (hard with the low-rev eta but still...), but nothing too extreme. No fartpipe mufflers either. I've heard that Ansa's don't have good longevity. Looking to keep it under 300. I'd even consider buying someone's used stainless catback. Any ideas?
    Last edited by e30_lover_CT; 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM.
    Rob - Hartford, CT
    Current: 1989 325iS coupe - "Brutus"
    Lachssilber, black leather sports interior, 5 speed, imported to US in 1991.
    Mods: H&R, Bilstein, Brembo, Treehouse, vintage black basketweaves

RIP: 1984 325e coupe - "Helga"

B&B Triflow........best sounding muffler I have ever heard, but it's pricey.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

2-1 merge collector, high flow cat, & Borla Stainless Muffler, Custom mandrel-bent 2.5" pipe. -Less than 300-will last forever-
      88 325 S-ETA --Wahwooweewah

Comment

Originally posted by 153624 View Post
        2-1 merge collector, high flow cat, & Borla Stainless Muffler, Custom mandrel-bent 2.5" pipe. -Less than 300-will last forever-
        Where would you source that from, and would it require welding?
        "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Used iS cat assembly and a iS exhaust.

Comment

IE stainless ftw
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by 153624 View Post
              Where would you get that for udner $300? For all the parts and labor? RIIGHT.

I spent $200 just to have my $150 muffler, $80 cat and $70 resonator welded up to single 2.5" pipe down from my dual 2" pipes off my shorty headers. Whole exhaust probably ran up to $500-$600 when it was all said and done - and these were aluminzied pipes!
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

He's starting out with a 2" single exhaust guys, so he doesn't need any y-pipes.

I'd recommend custom. Go to a muffler shop and have them bend/weld a custom catback exhaust for you. Go either the stock 2" or a hair bigger at 2.25", no resonator, and then something simple like a dynomax super turbo muffler. Should be right in your price range, have a nice growl to it, and last for a good while.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                X