No announcement yet.

What is wrong with my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats an option except that the only person I know with a 318 is a buddy that lives an hour away and his is an E36. Besides, other than the AFM what else would I swap?

Comment

ECU, plugs, AFM those sort of things. Coil plug (maybe not sure), those sort of things. AFM might be dirty and not enough air going in? O2 sensor try that, that is all i can think of. Then buy him a beer

Is e36 m44 the same same AFM etc, not sure
      Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Some m20 guys were having similar issues, check out this thread and see if anything sounds familiar.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=97245

Comment

Hmm, that sounds pretty much like mine except that I only have to turn the engine over for a second and it will fire up. There was talk about leaky injectors though and my dad suggested the same thing. I am planning on ordering a bunch of maintenance parts soon including 19lb, four pintle injectors from a ford. I hear people get good results from them.

Someone mentioned a carbon canister? How would this be related?

Comment

I have 4 ford 19# injectors if you need them? They are folwmatched and were tested before i bought them I have had them for like 3 weeks. Do you think they are the problem

Comment

progress??

Comment

Yea, but not in actually working on my car. I have ordered some more parts. I am planning on doing a complete R134 conversion for my A/C. I just ordered a condensor, dryer, safety switch, Aux fan, and condenser to dryer hose from an E36. In the next couple of days im going to pickup a sanden aftermarket compressor and get started on a custom mounting bracket.

In addition I will be redoing my brakes. I have just bought new ATE rotors and pads all around and will be ordering new lines, fluid, and emergency brake components soon. My winter project has become a winter parts stash.

When the weather breaks I will be installing all of this stuff so until then I wont be able to diagnose things.

Oh and on top of everything else, my wife and I just bought a very clean 04 325i. It doesn't need any work but has taken up considerable time with shipping, inspection, DMV, etc.

Hopefully my 318 will limp along until I can get all of these parts in.

Comment

I am doing brakes and suspension no mine soon

Comment

Well correct me if im wrong but if it is coming up with the "emission" problem then it mush have something to do with your fuel to air ratio. I think that if your amf was playing up it would be ruff thought out the rev range, and you have already looked at the o2 sensor so i would bring it down to fuel injectors as well. you may not have to get new ones it might just be that they are dirty coursing build up and incorect flow which would send your emissions off. Hope this helps

Massimo
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Massimo. Thats pretty much what I'm hoping for. I picked up some used ford injectors for $30 and they should be going in as soon as I get some free time.

Comment

Working...
                      X