how to know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to know?

i am having a very hard time deciding which exhaust to choose... here are some ideas. keep in mind, i want loud and deep, but not raspy. budget exhaust is a plus. it's on an IS with dual pipes

"Y" from cat into straight 2 1/2 inch piping. no muffler. sounds like the cheapest idea (i have access to a tube bender and welder)

gut cat. i dont know much about this, but i read something about putting reinforcements so it doesnt blow out?

do they make fake cat's? just the body of a cat, but it's actually like a resonator or something? or is that basically a high flow cat? that would be perfect. i think that my absolutely ideal exhaust would be long tube headers to a resonator, followed by single 2 1/2, but i dont want to be instantly screwed if a cop peeks under the car.

thanks guys

you can just wend a pipe through your cat for a true straight pipe. The setup above would deff be loud and deep but would have a good amt of rasp. Look into some rasp eliminators....
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Where do you find rasp eliminators?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
        Where do you find rasp eliminators?
        That's essentially what a resonator does. The bigger the resonator, the more it deletes rasp.
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Oh, gotcha.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

hey, if you are going to go 2.5'' back you might consider a Superstapp,( got a couple stainless ones for sale) i have one on my SETA, metal ST baffles without the end cap and it sounds as good as my Remus on another car, Tim

Comment

Working...
            X