magnaflow and e30 cat back???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magnaflow and e30 cat back???

has anyone put a magnaflow cat back on an e30 oem cat? I received something from magnaflow that doesn't match up. i'm wondering if my car is unique or if their product is incorrect.

their driver side pipe wont fit over the driver side cat outlet pipe shown in photo.

they are telling me to slide the driver side donut and flange down the pipe as shown.

has anyone else had to do this? does my system look like others?
    Attached Files
    89 e30
    95 993 c2
    Simplicity riding mower with turbo bagger attachment
    1987 haro sport
    Vans

I cant view the pdf

Comment

here are some photos of the outlets on my cat. you can see that the driver side has a sleeve extension that goes beyond the flange while the passenger side has a bell/flare right at the flange. so the cat back has a larger ID on the driver side to fit over the sleeve extension. the magnaflow cat back is designed for both outlets to be like the passenger side.
      Attached Files
      89 e30
      95 993 c2
      1987 haro sport
      Vans

Comment

magnaflow fitment solution:

This magnaflow system required custom modification on both inlets to the cat back and some extra bending to properly fit under the car. disappointing given how much this stuff costs and their lack on knowledge on whether it fits the car or not. when I first entered my claim, they asked if i had been to a custom exhaust shop yet. why would I do that if they claim bolt on success?

their solution was for me to wait several days until their engineering would pay attention to my claim or they would have to "find" a similar car to bring in and inspect. one would think that they know what fits the car that they sell a product for.

end result:
        spent a lot of money for the system
        didn't fit the car
        got poor response from magnaflow
        spent even more money to make the system fit
        89 e30
        95 993 c2
        1987 haro sport
        Vans

Comment

Working...