Side Pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Pipe?

Okay I've seen pictures on the internet lol now really, is this even remotely thought-worthy? Or just something for race cars? I'm really not sure I'd want to actually DO it, but knowing HOW would be cool lol

I felt under the driver's roker panel and there seem to be some bits there that would probably be better if left intact lol and then the rear bolt for the (I really don't know) rocker panel or body mount??? is just behind that. The pass. side seems clear of bits other than that mount. I know the gas tank is just under the rear seat... sooo erm has anyone actually done this? How? I just feel the need to know.

I run a side pipe. Great flow. Headers to mid-pipes, 2 into 1 Magnaflow KO, a 2.5" 90 degree off the muffler, a 14" resonator wrapped with heat blanket, and my exit pipe is a SpinTech oval for clearance. Exits right under where the inline fuel pump would be if I still had one.
    sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Side pipe all the things!
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Horneck View Post
        I run a side pipe. Great flow. Headers to mid-pipes, 2 into 1 Magnaflow KO, a 2.5" 90 degree off the muffler, a 14" resonator wrapped with heat blanket, and my exit pipe is a SpinTech oval for clearance. Exits right under where the inline fuel pump would be if I still had one.
        That sounds awesome, and I bet the sound is great to match the performance! Theoretically, could one potentially run a pipe out of the pass. side to avoid conflict with the stock fuel pump?

Comment

Ill be running a 3 inch electric exhaust cutout with a side pipe dump after my IE headers on my m30 swap. its going to sound amazing :D
          = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Originally posted by Sykohtic View Post
            That sounds awesome, and I bet the sound is great to match the performance! Theoretically, could one potentially run a pipe out of the pass. side to avoid conflict with the stock fuel pump?
            Tank is much lower on passenger side. A heat shield attached to the pump bracket would work to keep heat away from pump.
            sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Horneck View Post
              Tank is much lower on passenger side. A heat shield attached to the pump bracket would work to keep heat away from pump.
              Gotcha. So btw, old post and all, but did you just delete that O2 sensor? If so, how do you kep your car out of open loop? If you kept it, how do you run yours?

Comment

Working...
              X