'87 325 Eta Auto Alpine White San Antonio, TX SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'87 325 Eta Auto Alpine White San Antonio, TX SOLD

UPDATE: New lower price. The wife and I are expecting our second child now so I am selling all the toys. I can always buy cars later when the kiddos aren't the priority.

This was my wife's semi daily driver and we've put <15,000 miles on it in the ~5 years we've owned it. We bought her an e83 X3 to help with baby duties and she never drives the eta anymore. I drive it once every week or so to make sure she stays "limber."

I have documented the "restoration" and the most of the maintenance that has been done to the car in the following thread:

For detailed info see the above thread, but I'll hit the highlights here.

Asking $3500 OBO

Nice paint and exterior 8/10
    -Was resprayed in early 2012. Not super expensive job, but is worlds above a Maaco econo-spray. Starting to show some wear though with some rock chips and a couple thin spots. Still a VERY nice looking e30 though.
    -Late model front fascia conversion w/ fog lights.
    -Bumpers have been tucked and painted alpine to match the body of the vehicle.
    -Antenna was shaved at the time of paint work.
    -Sitting on bottle caps with good tires on them. Tread is probably 8/32nds.
    -New windshield installed at time of paint.

Nice interior
    8/10
    -Much of the interior was swapped for a nice condition set from another vehicle. Dash is almost crack free with a <1" crack that is not visible. -Seats are in great condition except that they are comfort seats and the fold mech is faulty on the driver's side. Never fixed in anticipation of swapping to sports.
    -13 button OBC w/ stalk and cruise control were retrofitted.
    -Audio system sounds good. 10" Lukebox loaded with RE Audio REX 10 and Sony amplifier included. Sounds very good. Old Sony head unit installed after the thief stole the old unit.
    -Odometer gears work and have been replaced with units from Garagistic. VDO cluster replaced the Motometer... I find the VDO to be more reliable personally.
    -Power windows, check panel, etc. all work as they are supposed to. Has manual sunroof with new seals including windshield (front and rear) at the time of paint job.
    -Has e36 window switch conversion completed.
    -Does need floor mats. Has e83 X3 all weathers in it currently.

Mechanical 6/10
    -Engine has ~400,000 miles on it and is tired, loud (piston slap), and likes to be warmed up for a minute before driving. Has never left me stranded anywhere. Plan was always to replace it with a lower mileage unit but we ended up with too many other projects and a little baby girl. This car would make a great swap candidate to be coupled with a 5spd install.
    -Lots of maintenance has been done. See thread for details including brakes, front wheel bearings, etc.
    -Sitting on Tokico springs, shocks, and struts. Respectable drop but handles soft. Not an ideal setup for tracking. Great for touring or cruising which is what we used it for... it's a tired Eta after all.
    -Trans shifts smoothly with no issues.
    -Has Ansa exhaust with OE resonator removed. Still has cat. Sounds smooth and throaty though the noise from the piston slap tends to drown it out.
    -A/C works (see thread) but has a leak. Will leak refrigerant out in ~ 3 weeks. Was told it leaks from the compressor and so will need a new one.
    -After having a good look under it this week, I'd recommend a suspension rebuild. CABs are fine, struts/shocks are fine. I'd recommend control arms, inner/outer tie rods/boots, and end links.

That should do it for the highlights but basically this is a well cared for and fairly sorted e30. Better than 95% of the craigslist cars you'll see though I understand it is not as desirable as a 5spd IS. Bought this to save it from the crusher as a nice and dependable daily for the wife and it has been very good at that. I'll be sad to see her go and perhaps a bit of the asking price has some sentimental factors in it. I understand it is a "high" price for a 325e automatic. I am aware of that. Have a binder full of parts receipts totaling well over asking not including labor. Feel free to make offers, the price is OBO. We are not in a hurry to sell it as we still have 7 months before the new addition to the family arrives, but we would like it to go to someone who can use the car now.

If you have any questions or would like to see the car... just shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Pictures shown were taken today (6/21) and show the current state of the car.
    Last edited by Schnitzer318is; 07-16-2016, 10:11 PM. Reason: Car has sold
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Bump... no questions or comments?
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

3 day bump.
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

3 day bumping.
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

I'll comment - and put in a plug for the eta powered machines.

I love what you've done with this car! It's a really pretty eta. And I think its a good value given the work you've done on it. And that is spoken as someone that has brought four of these cars back from the edge recently.

All that being said, you know the crowd here. Everyone wants a manual M20B25 powered car for next to nothing. Me - I sometimes enjoy not having the frustration of shifting in heavy traffic, and I definitely enjoy the better torque and the fuel mileage of the eta.

GLWS!

The E30 collection:
          1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
          1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
          1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
          1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
          1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
          1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
          1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
          2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
          2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

I agree, nice looking eta from a fellow eta driver. I bought my eta 3 years ago and love the thing. That car with a JC chip and some suspension upgrades is a totally different animal than the slugbox people assume it to be.

Yeah, you'll get some flak around here because eta and because auto, but I'd list it on the bmwcca classifieds as well. Bit different crowd on there, usually.

Glws!
            /______\_o_/______\
            l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
            \ #___======___# /
            |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Great to see San Antonio represented - my company relocated me to the Seattle-area Oct 2013 ... bought my E30 here and will be taking her back with me next Summer. Cars get preserved in the weather up here -- really cool to see so many classics and modified cars popping up on a nice sunny day. Best E30s in the country can be purchased here in the PNW...................

Comment

Dude, i LOVE your driveway ;)

Comment

Nice car, eta's are a solid daily driver. I loved mine.
                  Instagram
                  sigpic
                  Current: 99 M3
                  Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by 101 View Post
                    I'll comment - and put in a plug for the eta powered machines.

I love what you've done with this car! It's a really pretty eta. And I think its a good value given the work you've done on it. And that is spoken as someone that has brought four of these cars back from the edge recently.

All that being said, you know the crowd here. Everyone wants a manual M20B25 powered car for next to nothing. Me - I sometimes enjoy not having the frustration of shifting in heavy traffic, and I definitely enjoy the better torque and the fuel mileage of the eta.

GLWS!
                    Originally posted by DaButt View Post
                    I agree, nice looking eta from a fellow eta driver. I bought my eta 3 years ago and love the thing. That car with a JC chip and some suspension upgrades is a totally different animal than the slugbox people assume it to be.

Yeah, you'll get some flak around here because eta and because auto, but I'd list it on the bmwcca classifieds as well. Bit different crowd on there, usually.

Glws!
                    Originally posted by E30X5 View Post
                    Great to see San Antonio represented - my company relocated me to the Seattle-area Oct 2013 ... bought my E30 here and will be taking her back with me next Summer. Cars get preserved in the weather up here -- really cool to see so many classics and modified cars popping up on a nice sunny day. Best E30s in the country can be purchased here in the PNW...................
                    Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                    Nice car, eta's are a solid daily driver. I loved mine.
                    Thank you for the kind words guys. We have used and loved the eta but with a child it no longer gets driven much. I agree they make great commuter cars with the automatic and gearing they have. We get 30+ mpg @65mph on the highway and mid-low 20's in city driving on regular unleaded. Pretty economical by most standards. As said above, most of the crowd here wants m20b25 powered I/IS models or swapped cars, which I understand. Someone will come along that this car fits a need for them. Have no problem waiting.

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
                    Dude, i LOVE your driveway ;)
                    Thanks. Because of how big it is (we can fit 6 cars relatively easily)? Or because of all the BMW's populating it? LOL... not pictured is our 2005 4.4i X5 sport. That's my "baby mobile."
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

why haven't I seen this car before? SA isn't really that big.

Comment

Originally posted by navytapaul View Post
                        why haven't I seen this car before? SA isn't really that big.
                        Not sure. Have you seen my little turbo 318is running around? I take them both out to Coffee and Rides every so often.

What do you drive? Maybe I've seen you.
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

If it's the red one, then yes I've seen it before at one of the Eurotic meets. I have the matte grey coupe with an m30 swap. Hang out mostly on the nw side on Huebner.

Comment

Originally posted by navytapaul View Post
                            If it's the red one, then yes I've seen it before at one of the Eurotic meets. I have the matte grey coupe with an m30 swap. Hang out mostly on the nw side on Huebner.
                            Yep, that's the one. Is yours lowered on m3 springs? If so I think I saw you in my alpine convertible leaving Specs on DeZevala/IH10 months ago. I've only been to one Eurotiks meet... where are they meeting now?
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

Yep, that's me. I forget, work has me too busy to keep up with what's going on with them. Never knew you had so many e30's.

Comment

Working...
                              X