Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD (RI) 97 332ti - AW/Black + Grey

SOLD

I need to take better pics and provide close ups but these should hold everyone over. I have a clean autocheck for the shell I can provide. I'm not sure if I kept the VIN from the engine, but I have pics of the car it came from including the cluster.

Int:
    Auto to manual conversion w/ new AKG delrin pedal bushing in clutch and brake
    95 M3 Vaders in good condition – no rips or tears. Wear from use and age of leather. Could use a good leather conditioning.
    M3 5 Speed Shift Knob
    Folding black Rear Seats
    97 M3 Cluster

Ext:
    97 318ti with 120k miles on the shell – Alpine White on Grey with black seats
    Absolutely no rot! Garaged all its life prior to my ownership. One small surface rust spot by the passenger side sill plate when you open the door. Inside of fenders were painted with por15 to prevent any future rust occurrence.
    M-tech Moldings with BMW Motorsport (LTW) Badges (rare)
    OE BMW M3 Bumper paint matched AWIII

Engine: (all replaced prior to installing engine into car unless noted)
    97 M3 w/ 110k miles (installed in shell with 99k miles)
    Stock E36 M3 DME used but tuned by RK-Tunes for 24# injectors, m50 manifold, 7k redline
    OE Elring Headgasket
    ARP Headstuds
    Z3M S54 Behr Radiator (3 core vs the e36 m3 2 core)
    Euro Coolant Expansion Tank with hard line routing (auto bleeds !)
    Spal Puller fan wired using SPAL wiring harness to radiator temp sensor (80/88*C)
    Stock pusher fan tied into SPAL wiring harness
    Cylinder Head sent to Larry’s Machine Shop in Groton, CT during the head gasket replacement(ensured flatness, cleaned, valves checked)
    M50 Manifold conversion using m50manifold.com kit (not hacked together like some)
    All new gaskets (valve cover, thermostat housing, intake manifold, throttle body, Rear main seal, Oil pan, Oil Filter Housing, exhaust manifolds)
    Oil Pump Nut secured with red Loctite + threads punched to prevent it from coming loose (common e36 issue)
    Remanufactured 140amp Bosch alternator
    Brand new Bosch Starter (~3k miles on it)
    24# rebuilt injectors purchased off bimmerforums.com
    AC Lines are hooked up, just needs a charge.
    Power steering fluid replaced with full synthetic dextron VII
    New OEM Pre-Cat o2 sensors
    New OE Crank Position Sensor

Drivetrain:
    97 ZF 5 speed trans taken from 528i with 80k miles (all 528i, 328i, M3s share the same manual 5 speed transmission)
    New Detent pin kit installed prior to installation into the car
    Transmission Selector Rod Seal and Rear output seal replaced
    Redline D4 ATF
    14# LTW F1 Racing Flywheel (Some chatter at stock idle ~600 rpm)
    NEW M3 Sachs clutch kit (Clutch, PP, TOB, pilot bearing, pivot pin, clutch fork, retainer)
    Delrin Shifter Carrier Bushing
    New z3M shifter rod used (short shift)
    UUC DSSR
    New Plastic retaining cup in shifter carrier with synthetic grease
    Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts
    97 328i Manual Driveshaft used with new Center Support Bearing
    97 z3 2.8i TORSEN Differential with 60k miles (3.15 ratio) – Valvoline synthetic LSD oil used

Front End:
    New Front Wheel Bearings
    97 e36 m3 spindles, backing plates, control arms, brake calipers, new pads and centric rotors
    Bimmerworld Solid Offset Control Arm Bushings (adds caster)
    New MOOG Tie Rods
    Front M3 Koni Struts (Inserts with adjustable damping) installed with e36 m3 H&R race springs
    96+ M3 Strut mounts
    M3 Sway bar end links
    M3 Sway bar
    Ireland Engineering Polyurethane Motor Mounts (Zero to minimal NVH)

Rear Suspension
    Subframe – AKG 75D Red Polyurethane Bushings
    Rear Trailing Arms – Ireland Engineering Polyurethane Bushings
    New Rear FAG wheel bearings
    318 TI rear calipers and rotors retained but brake pads and rotors were replaced.
    Rear 318ti Koni Shocks with adjustable damping
    Rear e36 m3 H&R Race springs

Exhaust:
    Stock 97 M3 Exhaust manifolds
    Stock 97 M3 Exhaust midsection with functioning catalytic converters
    E36 M3 Supersprint exhaust shortened to fit 318ti body (very subtle at idle but distinct at WOT)

Minor annoyances:
    I aligned the car myself with toe plates, alignment may be slightly off.
    Headliner just started falling down on me!!
    Driver door panel is a little saggy

Description:
    I tried to be as thorough as possible while detailing what I have done to the car during the whole swap process. I have wanted a swap car for a while now and when I saw a clean 318ti pop up locally, I had to buy it. I purchased a donor car to pull the majority of the items off of. I made sure to replace everything while the engine was out of the car as I wanted a reliable and fun daily driver. A lot of maintenance was completed with some “fun” mods to make the car handle nicely while still retaining a civil ride.

My intention was to keep this car longer but I happened to find a Byzanz E36 M3/4/5 that I had to have. I will continue to drive the ti daily until I find a buyer for it. The odometer currently read 123k and will continue to increase daily.
    I had purchased a 200 page motor swap manual that provides facts on how the motor was swapped in. This will be included with the purchase of the car. I believe that I have left out some items I have changed or modified but currently cannot remember anything else. I'm sure if someone asks me I will be able to remember.

This swap was completed as if it came from the factory. It is OBDII compliant and will pass a plug in emissions test. Currently inspected in RI until 4-2016.

Please feel free to call text or email. I did all the work myself and am very familiar with the ti, and e36s in general. I'll be as detailed as possible.

call/text
    Last edited by blatant; 08-31-2015, 04:24 AM.
Working...
X