Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: WTT: manual E30 coupe - have E36 318i auto to trade

WTB: WTT: manual E30 coupe - have E36 318i auto to trade

Hi R3vlimited. I'm a new member and am looking to trade for an relatively stock E30 coupe to use as a daily driver as well as a car to learn stick on. I will accept any engine type, including the wheezy M10 motor. Power is not much of a concern for me. Looking for something with good feel (steering and pedal feedback, roadholding) and fuel economy. Would prefer a decently maintained car that looks respectable as opposed to something that puts put 200+ rwhp and looks like it was driven in the ghetto. Will accept high mileage cars and cars with cracked dashes, broken odometers, and small rust spots. Due to financial and situational constraints (I am in college and unmarried and don't have a garage, I can afford to keep one car. Now, I am aware a BMW costs much more to maintain than a Toyota/Honda but Toyota/Honda are boring to drive... which is why I bought a BMW, especially an E36. Plus, I prefer the conservative looks of German cars compared to the weird styling most Japanese cars get. I don't care for luxury features like power windows and leather seats either, the only things I need are AC, PS, and a sound system. If anyone is looking for a cheap E36 to use as a project car or whatever, I have 318i Sierra Red with an automatic that I'm looking to let off. I'm looking to get rid of it because I want a RWD stick car that's even smaller than the E36 even better visibility. Don't get me wrong, E36 has very good visibility but I'm a visibility nut and want even more. I'd get a 2002 since I'm after that but they're all horribly rusted out at this point and people are asking crazy money since they're now highly classic enthusiast cars. I value the car at $1000. It has a bunch of issues, mainly cosmetic. Mechanically, it needs a new rear driver-side shock mount (or the existing mount reinforced) and the transmission has a delay engaging reverse (I have been driving it this way during my 9 month, 10k mile ownership period of the car, since the car was sold to me by the PO) but the forward gears work fine. The engine is in good condition and does not overheat or stall, nor is the CEL on. But the AC, heater, PS, CC, and all 4 power windows all work. Front leather seats should be reupholstered, rear ones are fine. Radio is OEM and works but tape player is broken. Has new NJ Inspection good until September 2018. I have the most recent maintenance record for the car and may be able to get previous records from my ownership. The only mod I've done to the car is a cone filter (my friend encouraged me to, I think I'll keep my cars stock from now on, I'd rather spend my money on maintenance rather than meaningless performance mods...). I am located in the Central NJ area. I can pay you cash in addition to trading my car for yours if you feel your car is worth more than mine, but please do not charge me some absurd price just because it's an classic car and an E30. E30s are still very young in the classic car realm and there are lots of 25+ year old parts on your car that have probably never been touched, unless you're a maintenance Nazi. I will not be able to deliver the car nor do I have enough experience driving stick to drive your car back to my place (I have driven numerous stick cars but not long enough to master clutch control), so I'd prefer we meet at my place. Pics of my E36 are attached.

List Date: 7/19/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: WTB: WTT: manual E30 coupe - have E36 318i auto to trade
    --------------------------------------
    Want to Buy (WTB) Please Contact Buyer with offers.

--------------------------------------

1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

WTT 1985 325E M50 Turbo

Messed up on a post, sorry,

GLWS.

Comment

Working...
    X