Dinan or Turner chip upgrade for E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinan or Turner chip upgrade for E30

Hey guys... just need some input. Does installing the dinan or turner chip require any computer modification, would it mess with the ECU after a while or is it as simple as i read it... "plug and play" kind of a deal?

What do you all recommend?

the chip is in the dme. and yes, plug and play.

dinan probably costs a lot more. there are a ton of folks making chips for the 173 dme they are all pretty similar.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Both Mark D and Turner (Jim C) M42 chips seem to add something beyond RPM limit increase. Just be certain you get a genuine chip if you go the used route, which is often the way to go as you can often find one already in the DME, netting you a spare DME for just a few bucks more.

Comment

If you don't already have it I would skip the Dinan chip - doesn't do a whole lot beyond some mild WOT changes. Likewise, JimC (Turner) hasn't been active for years and years - that chip was probably developed 20 years ago. MarkD and SSSquid are both forum members and their tuning is much more recent. You'd think a tune is a tune, but knowledge and tools are much better these days.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

+1 for MarkD or SSSquid
          1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

+1 for SSSquid, looks like a quality product.

Debating on picking one up for mine since I have a stock M20, not sure I'll see much gain, even on the butt dyno.

Comment

I did the turner chip when I first got my car and was a little disappointed in it. After I get my car back and do some minor bolt ons I'll definitely be getting a SSSquid chip.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Jesse (sssquid) is great to work with and knows what he's doing.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

+1 for sssquid. I am working with him on a custom tune for my built engine now, and he takes his tunes very seriously. They are more than just rev limit increases and WOT map tweaks, he seems to optimize everything (idle, PT, WOT, etc).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

+1 for sssquid, he tuned my 2.8l stroker and my turbo car. Both stock dme and megasquirt. His Customer service is great and so are his tunes.
                    1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Comment

+1 for Squid. Excellent support from him!
                      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

im taking the plunge on a sssquid chip atm for an 86 eta, pulled my ecu apart finally, i know what chip i need, but i dont really know what fuel i would benefit from most, i dont mind running 93, 91 is somewhat less available and i sometimes find myself pumping in 93 anyways...

Comment

Squid. No doubt!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                          X