No announcement yet.

The suspension setup/ride height thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any pics of h&r sport cup kit with e90 drop hats on an early model?

Comment

E30 325i 87'

my set-up now:
      10mm pads rear
      9mm+3mm pads front
      Genuine top mounts
      Genuine drop hats
      Cutted Weitec springs
      205.55.15 (8J ET15)

looking for a new set-up:

10mm pads rear
      9mm+3mm pads front
      Genuine top mounts
      E90 drop hats
      205.55.15 (8J ET20)

IE stage3 spring / H&R race spring ? what will gave me more lowering?
      I like how the car sit now and want this is stay like this, just needd a new springs..

someone run on similar set up?
      Last edited by FaragMan; 02-15-2017, 10:59 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FaragMan View Post
        IE stage3 spring / H&R race spring ? what will gave me more lowering?
        I like how the car sit now and want this is stay like this, just needd a new springs..

someone run on similar set up?
        H&R race+E90 drop hats on the way :)
        I will stay with the 9+3mm spring pads.

If someone have a picture of his car with a set-up like thats it's will be nice to share a picture :)
        sigpic

Comment

1987 325i

GC coils 375f/475r
          Bilstein sports
          No spring pads (just gc upper pad in rear)
          Standard length housings

Track Mode:

20160603_163850 by Zachary Murray, on Flickr

Street Mode:

20161207_162257_HDR by Zachary Murray, on Flickr

Swapping out some components in the next few weeks. Going to be installing GC Custom valves SA Konis, GC 525f/750r springs, GC touring camber plates, GC rear shock mounts, UUC 22mm front sway and a host of Condor suspension bushings. Contemplating shortening the strut housings, not too concerned with going low just ride quality.

20170227_121946_HDR by Zachary Murray, on Flickr
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

H&R springs and billstiens

I have the the same problem as others have mentioned in the thread of the rear sitting to high with this setup! Love the look of the front hate the rear.

Comment

Hello All,
              I need some advice with lowering the front of my car a bit more.
              Here's my set up:

Billy Sports
              H&R Sport Coupe
              e90 Drop Hats
              All Pads in
              No A/C Compressor (don't think this matters but I've seen people mention it)

If I could find a set of Keith's 15mm Drop hats I'd try that, also considering removing front spring pads, but I'm not super fond of that idea. I've heard people cut the dead coil off the spring to get it lower. I guess H&R Race/IE3s have the same ride height with increased spring rate...

Budget around $350 for this, as any more and I should really just do coils. Looking for easier cheaper solutions because I just did a full suspension refresh and don't want to have to buy all new stuff all over again.

Thanks,
              Matt
              Last edited by MattZC; 06-26-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I'll post pics of my set up shortly, it's full GC. I was searching this thread for pics of ground control camber plates installed for correct orientation. I was verbally told the info by my GC contact but a pic is worth a thousand words.

Comment

Is there a height comparison pic/chart of various manufacturers' rear lowering springs?

I am running Catuned coils on my 87 and the rear is just too high. I will be taking the retch out completely but it won't give me enough.

I have been running 15x8 with really big tires, which I do not mind and even with that setup it is way to high. But now want to switch things up and the current height wont work with the new setup at all.

Thx.
                  Old

Where I am trying to go with the new. Front will go all the way down, but the rear is maxed out.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there a height comparison pic/chart of various manufacturers' rear lowering springs?

I am running Catuned coils on my 87 and the rear is just too high. I will be taking the retch out completely but it won't give me enough.

I have been running 15x8 with really big tires, which I do not mind and even with that setup it is way to high. But now want to switch things up and the current height wont work with the new setup at all.

Thx.
                    Old

Where I am trying to go with the new. Front will go all the way down, but the rear is maxed out.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                      Street Mode:

20161207_162257_HDR by Zachary Murray, on Flickr

Which wheels are those? They look real nice. The logo is just a bit too blurred for me to see it.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they're 17" APEX ARC-8. Still curious about what offset and/or how wide they are, and what tires are on there.
                      Last edited by Stuffing; 08-02-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

H&R Sports with Koni Orange shocks and struts
                        Attached Files

Comment

1988 325i RWD LSD touring, sunroof, sports interior, bbs rims, towbar. Belgium.

Let me add some touring specific info, as it is still not very comon. Weeks of searching and doubting.
                          I chose touring 6cyl specific koni sports and H&R' touring specific sports.

front:
                          koni 8641-1021Sport softest
                          H&R 29684
                          thicker upper rubber pad
                          rear
                          koni 80-2522Sport softest
                          H&R 29684-1 veren
                          thicker lower rubber pad

restored the rear subframe and trailing arms, and replaced ALL bushings/topmounts etc front to rear with OEM or OEM like rubber.

This is a daily driven 500.000 kilometre car, and comfort is very important. The koni sport and H&R sport is really very comfy still, no issues whatsoever, it is lovely. I'm 45 so no rockhard bricks for me. To be honest, i feel almost no less comfort than stock.
                          The car is lowered barely, i'm happy i put in the thicker pads.

Hope this helps for future touring owners.

Comment

Working...
                          X