Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have advice on fitting an rperformance spoiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have advice on fitting an rperformance spoiler?

Just like the title. I'm trying to fit an rperformace duck tail to my trunk (because I'm not a purist, and I like it, don't kill me with words). I've seen a couple that are just riveted on around the edges, but I've seen even more that have no visible mounting. Anybody have an idea of how this was accomplished?

OK when you say duck tail spoiler I am going to assume those spoilers we see on rocket bunny kit cars.
    We have done few of these at work and the ones that were riveted on, well the rivets were sealed covered up with fibre putty and then the spoiler was primered and painted with a textured satin black paint. Nice clean finish

also Sika was used on another car ,yer its best to have extra steady hands to hold the spoiler in place
    Use a wet water based marker to mark the outer area,
    Remove spoiler, use masking tape and tape just above the mark lines.
    Apply sika on the spoiler nice even stream around I say 1cm before the edge, ends of spoiler.
    Place spoiler in place and gently apply even pressure around
    Now usually the excess sika comes out around the spoiler onto the masking tape
    This is were you can use your finger, run from end to end all the way round the spoiler to level it out and you will get like like rubber gasket finish around the spoiler.
    Last remove the masking tape slowly this gives you a clean gasket looking line.
    No drilling or rivets

I hope this helps
    Also if going this route check product curing time
    The sika we use tacks firm in 15min tops, in the first 5 to 10min the spoiler is on, the the excess is smoothened leveled out. Extra hands keeping it in place after 15min the helpers can get lost....

Cheers

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply! It is pretty similar to the rocket bunny one, but this one goes all the way to follow the bottom line of the trunk. Like this http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...ZS5qcGc=/?ref=

I don't think the methods would apply any differently, though, so thanks again!

Comment

Mmmmm, I see the sika method will be perfect there.
        We have used this stuff to stick on a lot of aftermarket body accessories. The only thing is its a pita to remove once cured

Same stuff used to stick on windscreens

Comment

Working...
        X