Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which E36 Coilovers to Order (lowering heights)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which E36 Coilovers to Order (lowering heights)?

Hey Everyone,

Was recommended to this forum and after reading some posts, I know why.

I am running an E30 318 with a E36 2.5. Fiber Glass Panels for the most part and am about to do a sunroof delete and a few other things. For now I am on to my next phase which is the 4 to 5 bolt conversion (E36 parts non M3). Well everything but the new coilovers.

I am about to order them but have been trying to research on this for the last few days and am not striking luck in finding answers.

Obviously the E36 and E30 sit differently. So if I buy coilovers for an E36 which lower from 40mm to 80mm how can I find out how that translates to the E30 ride height? What I mean is what if I only need 25mm drop on the E36 coilovers and that's already bottomed out on the E30?

Also running an E36 engine and transmission so car is probably a little heavier than a standard 318.

Where can I find out this info as I don't want to order coilovers out to Dubai only to find out I should have ordered different ones? Currently looking at JOM coilovers but not sure if 40mm to 80mm is right.

Thanks!
    Sam
    Attached Files
Working...
X