Hello, new E30 owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, new E30 owner!

Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm now a new E30 owner! Am a long time 2002 driver and very active on the 2002faq forums, but recently moved to Georgia and am now only 15 min away from Road Atlanta and AMP, so decided I needed something a little less valuable than the restored 2002 for routine track use. Just picked up a beater 325iS from a local BMW indy mechanic (he used the car as an instructor for JustTrackIt). Driveline and suspension are all nicely sorted already, but the body and interior are very 'track-grade.' Drivers front and rear corners are bashed up a bit, interior is gutted, speedometer and sunroof don't work, etc. Perfect for my intended use! Plan to do brakes on all 4 corners this weekend and adjust the valves (sound a bit clackity), then will try to straighten the core support enough to put a new headlight in there, and then just drive the hell out of it!
    Will probably come across some questions for the community here shortly once I get into some details, but for now just wanted to say hi and post a pic of the new addition to my BMW family!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180818_193119.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	7253500

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180819_140204.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	7253501

Congrats and welcome!

RX-7 front brakes are a cheap upgrade you can do. If you're already replacing the front brakes it's not much more.

Comment

Now named!

She now has a name (I name all my cars): Beatertrix!
      Or Trixie for short.
      Cause she's pretty trampy, after all, lol! :p

Comment

Working...
      X