PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone want these? I have the pair

Im just so tired of this modification bullshit with this car, just trying to get everything back to stock.

Anyone have a stock set of speakers for sale/willing to part with?
    '99 e46 323i - wrecked
    '87 e30 325iS - sold
    '91 e30 325i - sold
    '89 e30 M3 - fun car
    '09 e91 328i - sold
    '97 impreza - rally car - flipped
    '08 impreza - new rally car
    '01 996 tt - more fun car
    '82 Ford f350 - work truck

Comment

Originally posted by ebox86 View Post

Im just so tired of this modification bullshit with this car, just trying to get everything back to stock.

I'll send you a text.
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ebox86 View Post

I have some stock door tweeters if you're interested.

Comment

Hey guys!

New to this thread

28/M/CA PM for pix

Wanted to ask you guys for feedback, Thinking about moving with my girlfriend to PDX this coming year as we look to settle things down, we don't really see that happening in Los Angeles, as much as it pains me to say that.

I don't have a job lined up as of now, but before i really start digging into it I wanted to know from you guys out there what you'd say to look for or keep in mind?
          sigpic

Comment

Portland is insanely overpriced these days. It's turned into the new Seattle. Everywhere is being gentrified, thus driving the prices of homes/rent up 2-3x in some places. It's cheaper to buy a house, but anything worth a shit is gone in mere days (sometimes hours).

You'd be better suited out of Portland and probably better off in a surrounding area (Beaverton, Wilsonville, etc). I live in the city and the home I live in has appreciated $100k in the last 16 months alone...fucking insane.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

my m42 runs like a 2 stroke!!! LOL

new parts on the engine, I have verified the install/condition of all of this:

rebuilt cylinder head
              180psi +/- 5% compression acrossed all 4 cylinder
              NGK BKR6EK plugs
              bosch ignition coils (have only a few thousand miles on them from my e34 nonvanos)
              new fuel filter
              new BMW OE crank sensor (yes i cleaned the mount good too)
              new fuel injectors (s52 pink tops which result in same flow at 3bar as stock ones)
              new intake boot and intake seals
              mess under intake done
              harmonic balancer/front pulley confirmed to be bolted down properly
              failed ICV (engine harness connector is good) though and supplying power) - bypassed with 1/8" hole drilled in a dime

the engine runs good enough to drive, but has fidgety power below 3500rpm

will not idle on its own, must be constantly feathering the throttle or holding a 2000rpm throttle

TPS is working, because the car fuel cuts on decel. and with the slightest touch of the gas pedal one can hear the fuel injectors fire but its misfiring and gurgling quite bad. misfires up to 3500rpm.

pulls quite strong actually from 3500-5000

ABRUPT REDLINE at 5000-5100 rpm abouts. very abrupt and unlike factory, seems fuel related

the car pulled to factory redline prior to my repairs so I know its not the cluster...

going to get a fuel pressure gauge on there tomorrow pending weather and tape it to the windscreen.

Im thinking the tweekers who owned it before me and replaced the fuel pump were bad mechanics s and my fuel pressure is wonky... - AFM seems "fine" - the car will barely barely barely start up with it unplugged.

DME throws code 1215 which points to group 1 fuel injectors (cylinders 1&3). the rebuilt injectors on there are form a reputable vendor whom Ive never had a problem with and tests all his products.
              Last edited by 5Toes; 11-09-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Best way to remove dead mou5 smell from car. Go!

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Hot box it
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                    Best way to remove dead mou5 smell from car. Go!
                    Put a few cats in there.

Then you wouldn't be able to smell the mouse.

Because kitten piss.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      my m42 runs like a 2 stroke!!! LOL

new parts on the engine, I have verified the install/condition of all of this:

rebuilt cylinder head
                      180psi +/- 5% compression acrossed all 4 cylinder
                      NGK BKR6EK plugs
                      bosch ignition coils (have only a few thousand miles on them from my e34 nonvanos)
                      new fuel filter
                      new BMW OE crank sensor (yes i cleaned the mount good too)
                      new fuel injectors (s52 pink tops which result in same flow at 3bar as stock ones)
                      new intake boot and intake seals
                      mess under intake done
                      harmonic balancer/front pulley confirmed to be bolted down properly
                      failed ICV (engine harness connector is good) though and supplying power) - bypassed with 1/8" hole drilled in a dime

the engine runs good enough to drive, but has fidgety power below 3500rpm

will not idle on its own, must be constantly feathering the throttle or holding a 2000rpm throttle

TPS is working, because the car fuel cuts on decel. and with the slightest touch of the gas pedal one can hear the fuel injectors fire but its misfiring and gurgling quite bad. misfires up to 3500rpm.

pulls quite strong actually from 3500-5000

ABRUPT REDLINE at 5000-5100 rpm abouts. very abrupt and unlike factory, seems fuel related

the car pulled to factory redline prior to my repairs so I know its not the cluster...

going to get a fuel pressure gauge on there tomorrow pending weather and tape it to the windscreen.

Im thinking the tweekers who owned it before me and replaced the fuel pump were bad mechanics s and my fuel pressure is wonky... - AFM seems "fine" - the car will barely barely barely start up with it unplugged.

DME throws code 1215 which points to group 1 fuel injectors (cylinders 1&3). the rebuilt injectors on there are form a reputable vendor whom Ive never had a problem with and tests all his products.

cam sensor hoes
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

going to check out the fuel pressure when my new gauge comes in the mail! if it checks out then maybe yes on the cam sensor

also phil you got a cheap icv for the mis thing? t shaped
                        Last edited by 5Toes; 11-09-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Anyone have a known good afm I can borrow to troubleshoot? M20b25, 92 e30 vert

Comment

I have a good confirmed working unit yes shoot me an offer
                            Originally posted by bmwm42
                            PNW vulture pm me for parts
                            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

If it was fuel, you'd go lean Toes. So would probably get sputters and detonation/pinging. You would probably still be able to grab revs, albeit very slow.

If you are losing rev's abruptly I would have to agree to check anything that affects timing (cam sensor.)
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Hot box it

Comment

Working...
                                X