Skidplates? Anyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRowe
    Why doesn't anyone here make their own skid plate. Just get some 1/8" - 3/16" metal plate about and inch wide. Take some measurements and look at the design of the factory plate. Weld your own. I have a welder and plan on doing this sometime within the next 6 months. I just need to find the time. The materials would only cost about $10, if that. Has anyone done it? I just can't imagine paying over $100 for for a bbq grill grate to stick on the bottom of my car.
    I agree. If I had the measurements, I could make one up in less then an hour and it would only cost maybe $25 for the metal. Most of the time would be spent in making it look good. I.E. - Painting it or getting it powdercoated.

Andrew

Comment

so what's the bottom line here? I can't get one from the dealer?...........

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

I just posted the two prices like 3 post prior and listed the stock number for it before that. Your CCA membership gets you a discount from most dealers.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
          Your CCA membership gets you a discount from most dealers.
          Not the one here. Fuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
            Originally posted by M-technik-3
            Your CCA membership gets you a discount from most dealers.
            Not the one here. Fuckers.
            You could get it shipped by a local area BMW dealership who honors CCA discounts for less than $50 differance in price.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Homemade skid plate

I have a shop with a high def Cnc plasma machine and 1/8-1/4 inch stainless. 304 and 316 if you need to know but If I whip out a bunch would that help? def under 200 bucks. I can do painted steel for 100 def. let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Justbergy View Post
                I have a shop with a high def Cnc plasma machine and 1/8-1/4 inch stainless. 304 and 316 if you need to know but If I whip out a bunch would that help? def under 200 bucks. I can do painted steel for 100 def. let me know
                Or whatever price seems right

Comment

Now that's a thread resurrection.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Wow, a thread from 2003 bumped by a guy with 22 post in since 2016
                    m106 1990 e30
                    e36 daily
                    e32 cruiser

Comment

Holy shit no kidding...I think he deserves an award for this
                      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

same guy was posting about "CNC'd 24v swap oil pans" but never actually posted any pictures or anything...

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                        IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

noob alert

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

This is some seriously mild manored flaming, I guess r3v has grown up a bit.
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                              This is some seriously mild manored flaming, I guess r3v has grown up a bit.
                              i think it's because the potential for another decent well priced skidplate option is appealing so he's getting the benefit of the doubt. OP keeps talking about just "whipping" shit up like he's the rain man, but has yet to post any photos or anything to give hope that his creations are worth a shit.

11/10 chance OP is like 17 and wants to make e30 parts in his machining class at the local trade school.

don't talk about it OP, be about it

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                              IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post

11/10 chance OP is like 17 and wants to make e30 parts in his machining class at the local trade school.
                                Age 22 and IP out of the University of Wisconsin

1992 BMW 325iC
                                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                                X