No announcement yet.

Meet 'Goat'...my '89 325i Zinno 4 door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got around to finish polishing the rest of the car this weekend, and got out the Rustoleum Regal Red again to repaint the rear valence, as well as touch up the cracked and warped rear bumper. At least it makes it a little more presentable until I can get the spare bumper painted and installed. Even temporarily touched up the bullet hole in the left rear quarter until it can also be properly repaired.

And as I mentioned in the '$30 keyless entry thread' earlier, I installed a $15 Docooler keyless entry system.

It works perfectly, and for only $15 I feel it's a must-have for any E30. It's easier and quicker than trying to repair your worn out driver's door lock cylinder.
    Eric Giles
    '20 M2 CS
    '04 M3
    '11 X5 35D
    '87 325is
    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Good work!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I have the rear US trim that I will be selling soon. Just need to make sure my order for euro trim goes through then they are for sale....

Car looks amazing with the polishing job.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
          Good work!
          Thanks Manny... and oh btw - some of your former 318is parts will be making it's way into this car in the very near future!
          Eric Giles
          '20 M2 CS
          '04 M3
          '11 X5 35D
          '87 325is
          '91 325i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I have the rear US trim that I will be selling soon. Just need to make sure my order for euro trim goes through then they are for sale....

Car looks amazing with the polishing job.
            I know people are probably tired of me posting pics of this car, and in person it's not quite as good as the pictures show...but as many years as I have been detailing my own cars, this is probably the best result I have experienced. I knew I could probably bring the paint back to life, and it now definitely is. Besides the bumpers, the hood, roof and trunk need to be repainted. The sides are actually fine, I just need some PDR work done.

The spare bumper I have has a full set of trim that is in great shape. Just waiting on my friend to get some free time to paint the bumper so that I can swap it out with this one.
            Eric Giles
            '20 M2 CS
            '04 M3
            '11 X5 35D
            '87 325is
            '91 325i Sport

Comment

I'm really enjoying the transformation!

Thanks for posting about the Docooler keyless entry system, just placed an order for one :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                I know people are probably tired of me posting pics of this car...
                Nonsense! I'm loving these updates. I love seeing such a drastic transformation and knowing another E30 will be back on the road for years to come. Keep up the good work and post as many photos as you want! :)

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                  I'm really enjoying the transformation!

Thanks for posting about the Docooler keyless entry system, just placed an order for one :up:
                  You're welcome...just make sure that you click on this link, and read my post about the wiring. The wiring diagram included with the keyless entry is incorrect. Wire it up as I mention in the post, and it will work fine.

Eric Giles
                  '20 M2 CS
                  '04 M3
                  '11 X5 35D
                  '87 325is
                  '91 325i Sport

Comment

Finally got around to finish polishing the rest of the car this weekend,

wow the car looks 10000% better polished up.

Still following the build looking for more updates !!
                    PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Looking good, looking forward to the updates.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

You're welcome...just make sure that you click on this link, and read my post about the wiring. The wiring diagram included with the keyless entry is incorrect. Wire it up as I mention in the post, and it will work fine.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...&postcount=503

One day I plan to do this on the 318is, I really liked it on the last E30 I owned (rommel)

Comment

Dude you're doing great!!! This is an amazing restoration. That paint is amazing!
                          Just be careful not to dig too deep. There's probably 0 clear coat left. It's all paint at this point!
                          Recent Rebranding!!
                          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                          E30 SM62/S62
                          E30 M60 V8
                          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                          Instagram.com/garageaholic
                          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                            Looking good, looking forward to the updates.
                            Thank you...normally I would have an update after a weekend, but I took time away from the cars Saturday and spent all day outside with the family...in the pool, grilling, etc. And then Sunday...well let's just say Saturday got the best of me so nothing was accomplished.

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                            Dude you're doing great!!! This is an amazing restoration. That paint is amazing!
                            Just be careful not to dig too deep. There's probably 0 clear coat left. It's all paint at this point!
                            I appreciate the compliments! Unfortunately, someone before me already went a bit too crazy with a buffer and burned the paint on the hood and roof in a few areas. I actually did the same with my Porter Cable DA on the left rear C pillar as I was trying to remove a blemish. It is definitely very thin on the upper surfaces.

Also, this is factory single stage paint so no clear coat...that's the only reason why it has polished up this well. If a base/clear had gotten to this point, a full respray would be the only option to fix it.
                            Eric Giles
                            '20 M2 CS
                            '04 M3
                            '11 X5 35D
                            '87 325is
                            '91 325i Sport

Comment

Eric.....where the hell is goat and whats going on with her .........
                              PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Just wanted to pop back in and thank you for the keyless entry write up!

It works fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                                X