Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one following the 2.3-16's? Seems the owners are capitalizing. The black one is still cheap with a few hours to go. People are scared of the higher mileage on such an exotic car. The high mileage and being able to smog it in CA.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      Am I the only one following the 2.3-16's? Seems the owners are capitalizing. The black one is still cheap. People are scared of the higher mileage on such an exotic car. 1
      I have been as well.

As a seller though, I would have been a little pissed that BAT listed two similar cars at the same time. They do that often, and I don't understand their logic behind it.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        If people weren't so cheap, they are easy to replace.
        Aside from that whole "the brackets are NLA" thing.

To your point, Chuck was selling the brackets on eBay for a while (still?) but all the flat-brim stancers balked at his pricing and opted to simply screw the valences into the bumper and/or zip-tie them. That's why a properly mounted 87 iS valence with no broken brackets is practically a unicorn these days.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Also because people are going swap crazy and installing facelift valances with plastics more than ever. Can't blame people for wanting to get rid of those diving boards though.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Yep, which is why original, unmolested DB cars are becoming more collectible as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Yep, which is why original, unmolested DB cars are becoming more collectible as a result.
              Yay.
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                Not so sure about that. You don't see people paying big money for '02's with 'em.

Maybe in 20 years, but rarity doesn't always equate to valuable..
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Yeah, most people are going euro on their early models these days. I was going to do the same before finding my euro 323i.

Comment

I think the ubiquity of Euro bumper conversions on early models - while when done properly are indeed awesome looking - are also helping make original, unmolested DB cars become more collectible.

I should clarify that my opinions today are specifically discussing two doors, in particular iS models since that's what got us on this subject; 87 and 88 iS cars are each a one-off year for styling.

Comment

Jeremy, my buddy needs one for his ES. What color/ condition is it?

PM me
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Yeah, most people are going euro on their early models these days.
                        When you put the euro bumpers on, all of a sudden the side trim makes sense. It's crazy the difference that it makes to the cars look..

That being said - DB on a race car are much better than the plastic bumpers. Especially when racing around Miata's! :devil:
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Jeremy, my buddy needs one for his ES. What color/ condition is it?

PM me
                            I'll shoot you a PM tonight when I get home.
                            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                              Is it just me or does this car seem to have a lot of loose ends? A few that stand out to me are the dirty engine bay, poorly fitted wheels and fender damage. There are several cosmetic issues with the interior that could be fixed easily too. Its not very well done at all. No hard feelings to the owner but I believe it needs much more work to pull a 10-11k price tag...
                              Its in our hood DJ, I'm tempted of checking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                                Grover's 02 is one on my personal "top 5" list. It is one of the most well thought-out 02's I've seen.
                                Well, that went well ....

Bid for the chance to own a 1973 BMW 2002 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,816.

Now that the high prices well put-together resto-modded 02 are bringing in, we need an 02-specific "r-gruppe" monicer. I have these prices have been seen privately for a number of years, now it's become a bit more public and some remain in denial.
                                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                                X