No announcement yet.

I'm baaack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wow, I'm going to slow down on my commute today. This will definitely be in my head today for sure. Glad to see you up and about and welcome back!

Comment

WOW! You are lucky to be alive! I had an accident once that was nowhere near that bad and that keeps me from driving fast now.

On a side note. There were still quite a few salvageable parts left on that car!

Well maybe 3 or 4 anyway...
      sigpic

Buy and sell your E30s and E30 parts on E30 Marketplace!

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
        Holy shit you hit that tree so hard the roof came off.

Lucky to be alive bro.

Welcome back.
        Nah, the roof was removed using a rescue tool called "The Jaws of Life", which is a hydraulic rescue tool that can cut the roof off a car very quickly.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          Nah, the roof was removed using a rescue tool called "The Jaws of Life", which is a hydraulic rescue tool that can cut the roof off a car very quickly.
          Those things are nuts. They did a demo in HS for some drunk driving no-no thing.

I'd love to get one for removing M20s.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

holy balls.... I guess I must have joined while you were gone and never knew about your wreck.

....holy balls...

Comment

Should've saved your old one for a parts car. Just sayin'. ;)
              My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                Random - I remember those pics of your E30 carnage, unbelievable. Glad to see you're mended and checking in. R3V hasn't changed much in your absence. There's still the good, the bad and of course, the unreal.

Welcome back :up:
                R3V has changed, no more T & A thread :(

Glad you're back and definitely, had your guardian angel with you, when that wreck happened!
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

welcome back, Drew.

The coolant reservoir from your car is still sitting on the parts shelf in my garage. :-)
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

Welcome back man! I remember years ago when I was first promised my e30 I found your blog when looking for all e30 info I could get; showed my cousin and she was convinced that e30's are safe cars lol
                    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Stay safe man, glad you're okay after all of that.
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                        Jesus christ - why did they remove you as a mod though?
                        I kinda removed myself. I quit visiting the site after i parted out the car. at the time i needed some separation. anything e30 related brought back bad memories.

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                        How well are you getting around now?
                        I can walk fine. Running is not advised, I can ride a bike though. My knees will never be 'normal' but i get around well enough. weather does affect me

Originally posted by SpeicherBimmer View Post
                        That's a really nasty wreck. It looks like you hit the tree right at the strongest part of the body at least. Kind of impressive an E30 isn't worse after a hit like that. Welcome back!
                        Yes and no. The tree missed/rubbed the frame rail and pushed strait up to the dashboard. when i was trapped in the car i could touch the tree over the dashboard.

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                        We need the picture of the 4 chicks grabbing your junk outside the hospital, you in a huge gnarly leg cast/brace and crutches. :D
                        haha, i can't believe you guys remember all this. I still have that picture floating around somewhere.
                        Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                        Still remember those pics. Actually used them once in a lecture on automobile safety. Seeing your car brings back memories of what a "clean" e30 once was. Welcome back.
                        hopefully i scared some others strait

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                        Holy shit you hit that tree so hard the roof came off.
                        not quite. the rescue crew cut it off with saws... if i remember right. The roof had collapsed down to my head though. I am lucky to be alive

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                        ...May I ask what your medical bills were like? I can only imagine them being hundreds of thousands in the end, and can only hope you had ample insurance.
                        To be honest, i don't really know. I was 18 at the time and my parents insurance covered most of it. They didn't want me to know... i had enough to worry about recovering.

Originally posted by bimmerphile View Post
                        Should've saved your old one for a parts car. Just sayin'. ;)
                        I did part it out after all this. I had put a good bit of money into the car so i wanted to get some out. I was out in my driveway in a wheelchair yanking pieces out.

probably some members here that have some parts

Thanks for all the kind words. Im kind of surprised people remember me this well. Good to be back.
                        98 M3/4/5

Comment

Did you post a pic of your fucked up leg before? If so it scarred me for life, I'm almost sure it was you.

Good to see you back!

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                            R3V has changed, no more T & A thread :(

Glad you're back and definitely, had your guardian angel with you, when that wreck happened!
                            Beat me to it. Welcome back, it sounds like you learned some valuable lessons from your wreck.
                            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

ok, so i found 2 deals near me. any input?

$2000 89 e30 325i http://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/3242433547.html

$6000 95 e36 m3 http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/3224648244.html
                              98 M3/4/5

Comment

^I'd keep waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X