Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I love Ronals, so perfect

Comment

I'm running 225/50 on my ronals, what tire did you choose ?
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

The only 225/50 that is available, Kumho Ecsta AST's. It's not that 225/50's are impossible to run, it's when you run them in conjunction with shortened coilovers (ground controls in my case). I fear that the threaded collar (spring perch) is going to clash with the tire, depending on how low I run them.

Any thoughts on this? I know of a few people have run this exact setup without issue so perhaps I'm just being paranoid. I know clearance is going to be tight at the very least. Will update

<3

Comment

I want your problems.
          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
          BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
            I want your problems.
            I love this.

Updating... I got the Kumho's mounted today. Bolting the wheels up, I'm glad to say that it all fits, no rubbing whatsoever. I am honestly surprised. Looking at the strut clearance, I can fit maybe 3-4 business cards between the tire and threaded adjuster. Good thing I'm planning to space these out.

Goodbye style 5's

Getting roundels installed on the ronal center caps. For future reference, the 70mm center cap roundel fits pretty well.

From the looks of it, I might be able to fit 12.5mm spacers all around. That might be pushing it in the rear but I'm going to try this weekend.

<3

Comment

You have the ideal build. #1 in my books. Nuff said
              ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

I like the style 5s better =[

Comment

They are, and will always be, the perfect e30 wheel in my book. But it was time to make a change.

Comment

Looks sick although the style 5s look good the ronals are less common
                    Ig: el_mandatarioe30

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
                      It's funny you mention that because that was the size I originally attempted to fit on the chalkboard e30. Unless I ran the car higher and without the 10mm rear spacer, that size rubbed like mad.

<3
                      Did the tire rub the inside of the outer part of the rear wheel well?...if that makes any sense.

Comment

The Ronals look like BBS RZ's. They look good. We need a full car pic with the Ronals.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

So... these kumho's do run wide, but they look so good! I'm going to continue with a 3-5mm spacer all around to give a bit more strut clearance but that's it. Will update

Comment

My wheel/tire sits closer than that to my coller (shortened housings) and has been for over a year - you're fine!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
                              Did the tire rub the inside of the outer part of the rear wheel well?...if that makes any sense.
                              Yes. Same problem I'm having with the 225/50/15's right now (if I space them out a ton).

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                              The Ronals look like BBS RZ's. They look good. We need a full car pic with the Ronals.

Waiting on some spacers but this change is almost done.

<3

Comment

Just an update. Got the spacers and installed them. That portion is done. Also, I parted ways with the style 5's the other week. It's all Ronals now.

I finally got a set of euro grilles and installed them, so that's cool. The next little thing to address are the ellipsoids. The stock projectors are lackluster, but I can't blame them. Need to make some adapters for a retrofit. Will get some sexy bokeh pics up asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X