Finally bought myself an e39 540i sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally bought myself an e39 540i sport

The e30 is no longer my daily driver. It is now retired and will now be a strictly "fun car."

The new daily driven car is a 1999 540i sport.

Silver/silver
    AT (Yes...I actually wanted an auto and it still is fun) (Steptronic)
    Sport Seats
    Rear power shade
    Factory Xenons
    17" rims
    Yadda Yadda Yadda
    It has every option except Navigation

The price...very very very resonable. :)

Pics to follow

This is really a dream come true for me as I have been selling, parking, and working on cars since the age of 16. As far as daily drivers go, I have always felt that a 540i, X5 4.4, or 330i were at the top of the pack. For years I have been saving/investing and going to school (one reason you all have not seen me around here). I thought I would wait until I finished college (one more year...victory lap) before getting a second car, however, I decided on a whim it was finally time to enjoy some of my labor...life is short. I paid for it in cash (the only debt one should EVER incur is for real estate or business) and I could not be happier.

I now have a great daily driver and an e30 that no longer needs to be held back by daily driving standards. This means I can have some more fun with it.

Really the only other cars I'd rather have would be a Ferrari, SL55, e90 M3, Aston Martin, or Supra Turbo. These are still $60k + cars...out of my range at the moment.

An M5 would have been nice but I really did want an automatic tranny. Besides, a local AZ guy here is starting a shop and wants a 540i to test fit for a twin screw supercharger. Can you say 600 lbs/ft of torque? Who needs an M5 when you can have a twin screw 540?
    2004 SL600 - Current
    ------------------------
    2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
    2004 M3 SMG - Sold
    1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
    1989 325i coupe- Sold
    1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

nice! auto's are great for daily driving, esp. if you have a nice V8 behind them. not that I'd ever go back... ;)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Pics or ban, Lukas!

Comment

My brother has the same car. ... , but it is a manual and he enjoys it. Ive yet to see it in person. Glad to hear you like it.

Comment

How many miles are on it? Change the transmission fluid/filter before 115,000 miles if you can. Also, be ready for a valley pan gasket.

Will
          RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
          Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
          DaveCN = Old Man
          My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

thats awesome. post some pics bro!

Comment

congrats, in my opinion there are not very many cars you can pick up under 20g's that make a better daily driver with the exception of the fuel economy. i love driving mine daily, you will love yours
              too bad i am actually trying to do the opposite right now so i can own a car outright and not pay payments but it will all work out in the end :D
              enjoy the car i call the "Übersedan"

Comment

I was getting about 19mpg in my E30M50 and the 540i gets about the same. Fuck it, $50 a week in fuel is worth it for me to live life how I want.

valley pan gasket???? What is that?

The car is going into a trusted shop sometime this week to get a once over. I'll probably do an oil change (both engine and tranny) even though the service lights are full green.

Miles are 130k. Ouch. But I still go a killer deal. This thing has no issues. The guy I bought it from made major cash (medical sales) and spared no expense keeping up with the repairs. The best part is he offered me an interview after I graduate. :)

Some bad pics of the car and my garage are below. You'll notice the black motorcycle...I think I'm going to get rid of it. My life is too damn good at the moment to risk my life on that death missle.
                Attached Files
                2004 SL600 - Current
                ------------------------
                2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
                2004 M3 SMG - Sold
                1989 325i coupe- Sold

Comment

More
                  Attached Files
                  2004 SL600 - Current
                  ------------------------
                  2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
                  2004 M3 SMG - Sold
                  1989 325i coupe- Sold

Comment

Sweet Car! I would love an E39 540i or M5 some day!

Pete

Comment

First of all congrats with your new Uber-Cruiserrrrrrrr :D
                      and DANGG I so love your garage. You are a real enthousiast judging from the garage alone.

I'd like to have a garage also with a showroom touch to it. Commendable !

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

epic
                        My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

cool ass garage!!!
                          90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

sweet car man.. i love the garage too!
                            PNW Crew
                            90 m3
                            06 m5

Comment

Nice, Eric. Good looking E39. I think my next ride is an E39 touring.
                              -Brandon
                              '86 325es S50
                              '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                              '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                              '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                              S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Working...
                              X