Wheel guide...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel guide...?

do u think someone could post a wheel guide, for when everyone wants to get new wheels and doesnt know whats gona fit and what wont? mabye make it an FAQ.
    98 M3/4/5

What do you mean by wheel guide?

Most questions are all about offset, and offset varies wheel to wheel.

Comment

yea, i just mean something like what e3s had. like offset values for all the e30's, hub sizes and stuff... see this is the problem, i dont know much about that kinda thing. i think jordan or someone will know what im talking about when they read this.
      98 M3/4/5

Comment

Isn't our hub like 53mm? Not really sure on that one, something like that, or 57mm :P

As far as offset goes, here is what I'll probably aim for:
        8" wide: et23
        7.5" wide: et27

Comment

The E30 hub centerbore is 57.1mm. There really isn't one specific wheel offset, like 16x7.5" wheels must have +25. Rather, there is usually an accepted tolerance that is used depending on how far out/in you want the wheels to be without rubbing the fender lip or strut.

Fred

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
          '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
          Strictly Eta

Comment

Yeah, 57.1.

I am trying to figure out the lowest offset possible. I'm perfcetly fine with rolling my lips as much as needed. The only problem is that rim width and tire size (even which tire) makes a difference when your trying to fit really tight stuff in there.

Comment

Working...
            X