Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another m30e30 & a new project

Hi everyone
    this is my daily drive & much loved e30, I've had her going on 3yrs now & plan many many more years eventually once my other e30 is finished the 4dr will get a new heart I'm considering an m30 swap for it but for new its m40 daily driver duties

first day i got the e30

next day

the zero power auto m40

then this happened after i killed two of the 17"

& now like this

sorry for the instagram pic

I also bought this(then sold it)

Last edited by Anthony B; 05-04-2016, 03:10 PM.

Good start mate. Any more shots of the black late model?

R.H.D
    M-technic I club

Comment

I'll have to snap some more pics of it, it's currently in many pieces in my shed. Slowly getting it back together, just working on the suspension stuff at the moment while trying to source a replacement m42 head or a solid m50/2 to swap it.

Comment

Those cams look familiar.... Had the same issue once, on a 24v.
        Looks like a good start for your project.
        1989 M3
        2008 135i 6sp

Comment

went from a supra to an e30! i dont think ive seen that before. Which one handles better?
          98 M3/4/5

Comment

what silver wheels are those? they look good for 4x100

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
              went from a supra to an e30! i dont think ive seen that before. Which one handles better?
              The e30 is far more predicable it feels more "raw" the supra had a really wide foot plant & felt very flat in corners but if it let go it was a handful to get back. I won't lie I miss the supra on the freeway but on the twisty roads near me I'd take the e30 :)

The wheels on the blue e30 are Koya ae-tek 15x8 +15 they are a kinda rep of star long champs(one day I'll get money & get legit ssr's)

Comment

I'm inappropriately bumping this thread, lots has happened since the last post. Sold the black iS off as a project for someone with more time & money. But put work into the e30 & purchased a e82 135i it may seem blasphemous but I see it as the modern e30....

My E30 recently got some love:
                m30b35 from an e34
                running a e28 g265 from a 528i alas not a dogleg
                GE coilover kit with koni sport front dampers & GAZ adjustable rears
                IE front swaybar
                Recaros from a evo5
                Houndstooth doorcards
                & rebuilt simmons f90's 16x8 & 16x7.5 had to get some locally made old wheels onto the car

Still to go is fitting:
                rebuilt LSD with a 3.15 ratio matches well with the 265
                fit my Massivebrakes street kit
                fixing my reverse light switch currently its surprise I'm reversing

Ill get more pictures tomorrow while I'm fitting my brakes but for now along with an shot of the e82

Comment

Great work Anthony - your swap looks very clean. What mounts did you use?

I used e30.de mounts in my swap, which bolted in and fitted perfectly. If I were to do it now, I'd probably use the Garagistic mounts to help with clearance for headers.
                  My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Thanks man, I'm not sure who made the mounts I bought a series 1 with the m30 swap in it but it was in the poorest of poor shape with so much rust, & a crack in the A pillar.

Got a few pics yesterday & got to give the wilwoods a chance to bed in

Comment

Very nice! I love the m30 and the 135i :)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                        Very nice! I love the m30 and the 135i :)
                        Thanks mate, your build has been motivation for me to put in hours on this. Whilst this doesn't even compare to the work you are putting in.

Comment

cool - I like the color.

Why have one when you can have 2.
                          91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                          ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                            cool - I like the color.

Why have one when you can have 2.
                            I think you win the cool colour category, I'm saving my pennies for a renown steering wheel 130r motorsport in suede I think will work well & would be something unique in Australia.

Was sad that I had to sell the black e30, but I think I'll be picking up an old bmw R65 or a honda cx500 & building a bike need a more efficient means of transport to & from work

Comment

So I thought I'd give a long overdue update, last update the m30 had only just gone in. Been kicking on strong for about a year & 1/2 now, been tackling bits & pieces as I go.

got rid of my welded 3.15 & replaced it with a freshly rebuild lsd running 3.15 still matches well with my close ratio 265/5

Swapped out my leaking e30 rack for a e46 rack, deleted power steering certainly know its deleted its a bit of a workout at low speeds but brilliant once over 20km/h.

Got my Renown steering wheel April last year, waiting on my new BMW motorsport horn button

Here is a couple of random pick from meets & hangouts over the past year

first meet outing

one bagged one static

Had a week off work recently, went camping on the ANZAC long weekend with the other half & my mate his partner. Was a great weekend & hilarious choices in cars to take with the m30b35 & my mates car 400rwhp stroked LS1 e30

& entering the new chapter, my gf purchased a 89 slicktop with plans to build a project car. Planing to help her through the build, she wants to learn along the way which is brilliant

she got her first experience at e30's on the 890km drive home, the m40 decided head gasket no more. Had to get it towed 205km home, but by chance had an m40 gasket kit at home from my old motor. Did the head gasket, all upper seals, waterpump, reverse flushed block & radiator, & cleaned the injectors

Last edited by Anthony B; 05-04-2016, 06:46 PM. Reason: duplicated pic

Comment

Working...
                              X