• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice way to keep the factory hu.. And play good quality music files

Just I needed to do this:
    -cassette adapter
    -bluetooth receiver
    -bluetooth transmissor (smartphone)

Last edited by federal; 08-18-2013, 10:05 AM.

e30 mtech2 cabrio bbs rs

E30 M3 RESCUED

Alpina C2 REP

instragram e30company

Mod the hu to accept mp3/ aux input
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376844561.581494.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	7159691

My cassette player does not work
      Anymore
      Just have a plug fm reciever,
      And the files play on the radio that way
      Your Bluetooth reciever
      Where do you have that connected?

OO ||| OO + O w O

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
        Tell me more

OO ||| OO + O w O

Comment

Now i hope the video works.. Lol

e30 mtech2 cabrio bbs rs

E30 M3 RESCUED

Alpina C2 REP

instragram e30company

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

and a really cool summary/overview thread with lots of links
            Last edited by bradnic; 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM.
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

oh you kids!

Take the cassette part (called the "Transport") completely out. Glue the door shut.

Get crafty with this: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...ontent=Default

Of course, you would be better off if you could find a full 2 way "handsfree" module, but who makes calls when driving anyway, right?

Do the AUX mod as shown on E30tech (re-posted here, somewhere) and run the BT device using the transports input, power, etc. Everything will work as stock, just replacing cassette with BT Audio.

I am going a wee bit further, taking the crappy chip amp out and building proper pre-amp outputs, so the overall SQ should be exactly the same as any good aftermarket deck.

All I care about is AUX and a volume knob.

Well, that and a 24 audio converter with an outboard DAC for HDMI input from a tablet, but that is a little extreme. Winter projects, yay!

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                oh you kids!

Take the cassette part (called the "Transport") completely out. Glue the door shut.

Get crafty with this: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...ontent=Default

Of course, you would be better off if you could find a full 2 way "handsfree" module, but who makes calls when driving anyway, right?

Do the AUX mod as shown on E30tech (re-posted here, somewhere) and run the BT device using the transports input, power, etc. Everything will work as stock, just replacing cassette with BT Audio.

I am going a wee bit further, taking the crappy chip amp out and building proper pre-amp outputs, so the overall SQ should be exactly the same as any good aftermarket deck.

All I care about is AUX and a volume knob.

Well, that and a 24 audio converter with an outboard DAC for HDMI input from a tablet, but that is a little extreme. Winter projects, yay!

Luke
                Nice, make sure to keep us posted on that! I am sure that you have everything that you need to hack the internal electronics now :p

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                  Nice, make sure to keep us posted on that! I am sure that you have everything that you need to hack the internal electronics now :p
                  I do, thanks to you!

Now...about changing that display to say BLUETOOTH...

Hey, wait a damn minute, you are the internals guy, why don't you make some of these! I can't see that shit, I am an old man!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

So you hooked a tape adapter to a Bluetooth receiver, then connected your phone wirelessly? Why not just hook the tape adapter directly to your phone? I mean, I guess it isn't wireless, but it is a whole lot simpler.

In the end though, it's still shitty sound tape adapter BS.

Comment

so i doubt this method can allow for hand's free calling via bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                        so i doubt this method can allow for hand's free calling via bluetooth?
                        Did you look at the module I posted? If there was one out there along those lines that did full handsfree, that would be sweet.

I still think a AM/FM/BT stock deck with proper pore-outs would be sweet, even if it were audio only. I am gonna order a couple of those BT adapters, see how it works.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          I still think a AM/FM/BT stock deck with proper pore-outs would be sweet, even if it were audio only. I am gonna order a couple of those BT adapters, see how it works.
                          So do I... Very cool idea Luke.

Would you be using speaker level inputs going into the aftermarket amps? Or do you mod the factory head unit for low level RCA's?

Edit: Nevermind... re read what you typed. What would you do to mod the HU for the pre outs?
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                            Dude you should put this in your sig :-)
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                              So do I... Very cool idea Luke.

Would you be using speaker level inputs going into the aftermarket amps? Or do you mod the factory head unit for low level RCA's?

Edit: Nevermind... re read what you typed. What would you do to mod the HU for the pre outs?
                              As it sits, I am basically hacking out the little chip amp and testing what the output voltage is. My expectation is roughly 300mV, so some form of "line amp" will be needed. I just can't see 2V to 4V going into the chip, so it is gonna need some gain.

I have no clue what that would look like just yet, but I know what sort of specs I am looking for.

The stupid part is by the time I buy the parts and do the work, I would have to sell these for a couple hundred bucks each...and they still won't be as good as a $125 WalMart Pioneer.

LOL

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                              X