official ghetto stuck cassette tape fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

official ghetto stuck cassette tape fix

I find I'm one of the few that still uses the stock cassette deck. I used one of those cassettes that lets me plug into my phone. Worked fine for me until one day it just kept flipping sides on the cassette. Well finally I got tired of it today and decided to fix it.

Take cassette deck out of dash and take out the 2 screws holding the top plate on.

This exposes the cassette holding mechanism. Looking at it its pretty obvious that there are only 4 screws holding it in place. After that you can just lift the cassette holder out.

After that get access to the bottom of the cassette holder. Its held together by 6 screws. 2 on the bottom, and 2 each side. After taking the bottom plate off, I found out my problem. The rubber belt broke :(

Since I still wanted to use my plug in cassette, I figured Ill just take one of these aluminum wheels out. Thatll keep the deck player from constantly flipping between sides of the tape.

End result...it works!! Now just have to find out why the gears turn so loud haha.
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

What do you mean kept flipping sides?
    As in, there was a constant intermittent pause during song play? Cuz my shit does that and it makes me wanna key lbv's vert

Comment

the cassette deck acted like it was searching for something to play. so it would keep forward and reversing the tape nonstop. drive me nuts

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I can sympathize witchu.
        tape deck is my main means of music to keep the factory look, so this problem I'm having is infuriating.
        If someone knows the solution, holla

Comment

It sounds like a mechanical problem. Theres a ton of small gears in there so maybe the teeth to one of them is worn? Or that tiny rubber belt is on its last legs and is slipping? Just have to take it apart to see.

Comment

anyone know where to search to replace the rubber belt? I guess a rubberband would work?

Comment

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

When I first got my car (~3.5 months ago) the cassette player worked great

but now I am having the same issue, it constantly "flips" to the other side of the tape

I had a tape deck cleaner kit so I tried using that but it didn't help at all

Did you ever figure this out?

Comment

Ummm......did you actually read his post?
                Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                    I did, I was asking if he had figured out the rubber belt/rubber band. im guessing that the tape will no longer automatically flip sides with this fix/ without replacing that belt. If that's the only side effect then I guess I don't really need to know bc I'm fine ejecting and flipping it over by hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember a time when you actually had to flip your disc by hand because tape players didn't have that technology.

Not really, but whatevs. My deck in the e34 does that flipping shit. Will be fixing now. THX FOR BUMPING MANG
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

So, did this to my tape player.

No dice. It just sits in TAPE mode and constantly tries to flip a tape that isn't there.

WOMP WOMP.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

My random auto-reversing issue turned out to be a warped adapter. The plastic they make those things out of isn't nearly as rigid (thick?) as actual cassette tapes of yore.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Obvious screws? I can't even figure out how to get the cassette holder out

Comment

I'm still rolling with a cassette player ")

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140813_124258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	7169017
                              Buy e30 cup holders
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...41#post4159541

Buy BMW Motosports handles
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302846

Buy BMW MOTORSPORT valve covers http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=330146

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X