Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 325is build (BBS, Racing Dynamics, zender , Stromung)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325is build (BBS, Racing Dynamics, zender , Stromung)

Hey guys so I have been a very long time BMW owner owned a bunch of different ones (335, 135, x1 3.5i, zhp, e46 m3, and two e30s). Well Throughout the years I have sold all those cars and have decided just to go to an e30 since it has always been my favorite car especially the 1987 325is. Took me a while to find this exact car.

Bought it from the original owner with 164xxx miles. Alpine white with cardinal red interior. The car has been in the shop getting all maintenance done then going to get a full detail and paint job.

Don’t know what my plan is but I have hoarded so many e30 parts:

Brand new racing dynamics diffuser
    Full zender kit front valance, rear valence and sideskirts
    Stromung exhaust
    BBS RMs
    Bilstein sports H&R race springs
    I have a bunch of different shift knobs, bmw mortorsports emblems and a bunch of random crap.

I still don’t know what direction I am heading if to fully restore the car with everything stock or go crazy with all these parts. I just see so many e30s with engine swaps and after market stuff that it makes me want to just stay stock. Let me know what you think

If I stay stock I will put a full mtech 1 body kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fasteddie222; 04-30-2019, 07:11 AM.

Keep it stock. 99% of the e30s out there are modified. There's nothing like a stock e30. Focus on maintenance and working AC if it's not functioning. So many people dump so much money into their e30s, and then don't have working AC[emoji23][emoji3] c'mon

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Congrats! What kind of seats are those. I agree with fresh_TD, working A/C and clean interior then go from there.
      sigpic

Comment

Being an 87-IS I suggest keeping the cowcatcher, with the RD rear and selling me the Zender kit LOL
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Look at every single 87 325i build you can for your engine and fuel management issues. There's decent differences in the pre-88 & post-88 M20b25s.
          Paynemw
          1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
          the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
          1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

I guess I missed the part where you mentioned those beautiful seats. I say do whatever you would like with the car.

Comment

Great buy.....keep it stock...I just picked up a 1986 325es..... White as well.

Comment

The 1987 325is is a neat car. Leave it mostly stock and enjoy it. Best of luck to you.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

keep the diving boards please.

i say do whatever you want to it, modify it if that's what you want and create the car that makes you happiest. suspension and driving upgrades but keep the aesthetics period correct.

its your car and your money, also you are the one that has to look at it every day.

However, if you want to sell that airdam i will be interested... (my cars in Tampa, FL)

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Those RMs look nice. What are the specs on those?

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
                      Keep it stock. 99% of the e30s out there are modified. There's nothing like a stock e30. Focus on maintenance and working AC if it's not functioning. So many people dump so much money into their e30s, and then don't have working AC[emoji23][emoji3] c'mon

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                      haha so true. First thing I did was drop it of at the shop to fix every seal, do timing belt, make sure there are no leaks and ofcourse make sure the AC is working. I live in Miami it should be illegal to drive without AC

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                      Congrats! What kind of seats are those. I agree with fresh_TD, working A/C and clean interior then go from there.
                      The seats are Cipher pretty well built i was actually impressed with the quality. I am still iffy about putting them on I might just reupholster the front seat and call it a day. Stock seats are actually super comfy

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Being an 87-IS I suggest keeping the cowcatcher, with the RD rear and selling me the Zender kit LOL
                      This is actually what I am mostly leaning towards. I just dont know if I want to deal with shipping :(

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                      Look at every single 87 325i build you can for your engine and fuel management issues. There's decent differences in the pre-88 & post-88 M20b25s.
                      Fuel management issues such as what?

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                      Those RMs look nice. What are the specs on those?
                      15x8 and 15x8.5 tires 225/45/15 Toyos R1Rs. I am unsure about the offset. I am dying to test fit them on to see how they fit.

Comment

Your car looks great. Love that 325is ad photo.

Comment

RD rear valence looks great with ‘is’ side skirts! Keep the cow catcher up front as its pretty unique.
                          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

My son is building a 2.7i to put into his 325. I’m anxiously waiting to see if it will be worth it. If the 2.7 stroker engine is really better then i would be willing to do it to my car and i would say that if you wanted to improve your engine you could do it. It’s still pretty much stock, just supposed to have a little more ooomph.

I really like stock cars though. It’s easy to dream of S54 or M30 swaps, so I understand being on the fence of staying stock. Tough decision.
                            My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                            I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Really nice starting point for your project, congrats on the purchase! I agree with most in keeping much of the car stock with nice tasteful upgrades where you can.

If you end up keeping the diving boards, I think the cowcatcher, IS sideskirts, and either RD or Zender rear apron are one of the nicer combos, what I was initially planning on for mine.

If you do decide to go MTech 1, unless you already have a kit I have a spare one(without the rear spoiler) with the cutout for straight exhaust which you'll need for your Stromung. LMK.

Congrats again on the car, look forward to seeing some progress
                              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X