My 89 I Turbo drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 89 I Turbo drifter

Hey Folks :-) I was introduced to this forum by my shop foreman and bought this 89 325I off of the classifieds here Ill post a few pics up now and add some more later ... it will end up with a cage and pretty stripped ... Im an ASE Master technician and work for BMW ... and I feel good about the quality of work on the car... I recently scored an ETA engine which Im going to go through with beefy rockers and forged pistons ... the thing that amazes me about this car is that it has 300K miles on it and I over doubled the horsepower and beat it on the weekends and its very sturdy...

Last edited by jstoll; 06-23-2019, 03:37 PM.

Looking forward to your updates.

Comment

thank you

Im running Megasquirt MS2 with 60 lb injectors... most of the turbo stuff is cheap ebay stuff ... the turbo is a T3 T04E knock off and Ive beat on it pretty hard with no issues...
      Ive recently started running zero offset wheels because with the E46 M3 rack I was rubbing the sway bars really hard at full lock ... Im not a stance guy :-) Im a form follows function guy :-)

the spring rates IM running are 10K rear and 8k front
      this is a pic of when I was installing them :-)

Comment

hole behind the bumper

when Im at the track i remove the front bumper to get more air onto the cooler group...

Comment

photos not working for anyone else?
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

They are working for me....

Comment

Yea, pics aren't working for me either.

Comment

whats with your front valance?

Comment

Not sure exactly what you mean but I bought the car with the fog light holes filled in and then I cut a hole through it so that when I take the bumper off the intercooler and radiator get more air.... when drifting you're using a lot of horsepower and sometimes don't have a lot of speed so removing the front bumper I have that hole there to help with Cooling....
                  Last edited by jstoll; 06-26-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

just asking because it doesnt have the fog light holes

Comment

they actually did a crappy job of filling them.. i think they glued in plastic and bondoed over the plastic... i dont care about fog lights... Im likely to build a tubular cooler support with a bash bar and cover it with a Mtech knock off bumper cover thing... I am not an E30 purist ... i love the car.. dont get me wrong... im just have no concern with the restoration value of the car ... it is a great looking very durable car that when set up right RIPS as a drift car :-)

Comment

did you also fill in the brake air ducts too? Those might be a worthwhile feature to keep being a drifter I'm sure you're brakes get super hot.

I think it's an awesome set up. A turbo M20 because more and more cool each day to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X