Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1988 325IX AWD.. BLK/BLK, tune-up, LOOK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1988 325IX AWD.. BLK/BLK, tune-up, LOOK!

Just got a new bimmer!! :) So the old one has to be sold. This is my 1988 325iX and it has done quite well for me over the past year or so that i've owned it..

Lets get the bad out of the way first.. It really doesn't need too much.. The things it needs are more for comfort than for mechanics.. First and foremost I think it really needs the ECU swapped to the 173.. When its cold, it idles funny going from 1.5k-2k.. Doesn't affect driveablity or how it accerates, its just kind of annoying at stop lights.. Also, it has a problem with starting back up after its been choked out/clutched out... It'll start back up, but it takes about 5 mins.. really weird.. The check engine code says coolant temp sensor, which i just had replaced at Vern Eide BMW in Sioux Falls, SD.. That's it for mechanics.. The other things i've found are that it has memory steer, which = new strut tower bearings, and it has a drone around 50-65, which i belive = new rear driveshaft?? It's not a horrible vibration, and doesn't affect driveability.. The shifter bushings need to be rebuilt. It still shift fine, the stick is just really loose in each gear.. One of the spark wires in there has tape over it.. I think the insulator just came off?? It could use new spark plug wires to complete the tuneup. It works so i never took the taped one apart lol! It does need some body work.. The passenger side rear quarter has a decent fold where i slid sideways and hit a buick at about 5 mph (icy roads :(), and the drivers side door has always had a fold in it since i got it.. The Front bumper where the drivers side foglight sits is folded up a bit, and the foglight it broken... oh and as always, the odometer doesn't work :P ,,,,,,,,,,,,,ENOUGH BAD!!

THE GOOD NEWS!! I have recently tuned it up with a new distrib cap and rotor, as well as new spark plugs.. I just completed putting in a new heater core valve, and the car heats up nicely now (too hot most of the time).. It has cross-drilled and slotted rotors front(brembo) and rear(zimmerman), as well as relativly new pads all around (8k miles??) One thing that sticks out to me, is that the dash is uncracked and gorgeous.. The bumpers have been tucked almost flush.. Looks awesome! The interior is very nice on this car.. I had the front seats customized two-tone, grey in the middle, black on the outide, and it looks sweet :) the rest of the interior was matched up with grey and black components... It has the bmw premium sound system, and a sony xplod CD player.. The exhaust on it is stock, but newer, as well as the front shocks. Tires probably have 10-15k on them, and are falken ziexs. All in all its a great running car! Hasn't let me down yet, but I want a 318, and that's what I bought!

If anyone has any questions, plz PM me or email me at ninedeuceegcivic@yahoo.com

Price asking: $2k OBO - yes i'm very willing to work with the price

NEW PICS!!! Sorry its so dirty :( but they should be detailed enough to show everything.. Let me know if I missed something...

Last edited by jtuner; 02-14-2006, 03:45 PM. Reason: NEW pictures!
    Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

1am bump :D

Comment

bump...

Comment

mileage? i assume 5 sp cause of the "clutching" comment. post the rest of the pics
        Originally posted by blunt
        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

the speedo reads 225k, but its out.. the cluster in there isn't the original.. I"m guesstimating about 200k,, not exactly sure.. I'll post more pics soon as I can get em.. BUMP!!

Comment

to me your car seems to be right in the middle of being a sweet parts car and a very desired 2 dr 5sp ix. seems like a fair price, goodluck with the sale. free bump
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

I couldn't have put it better myself lol If someone wants to put a couple hundred in it, it'll be a sweet lil AWD iX,,, if they need it only for parts, then they can drive it to their house and start tearin it apart lol Still workin on more pics.. gonna be a busy weekend, so i'm hoping on sunday.. Thanks for the free bump,,, BUMP!! :D

Comment

not a single bite yet.. :( cmon guys, this is a great car! and its AWD!!! Get it from me directly before i put it up on ebay... BUMP

Comment

have you posted it on the yahoo 325ix mailing list? there's almost always somebody looking for one there.

p.s. all '88 ix's are 5 speeds.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                    p.s. all '88 ix's are 5 speeds.

and 2dr

Originally posted by DaveCN
                    Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

edited. My bad i didn't see you were referring to only 88s.

Comment

No, but I most definaly will, thank you :)

Comment

that thing would be sweet if i had the xtra cash right now.. Thats a steal for a 2 door ix

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

Gettin questions on it, but no offers yet.. cmon guys, the new bimmer is on the way! I need a garage spot!! lol BUMP

Comment

OK $750 Take and have a garage spot by Monday.
                              E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Working...
                              X