Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Crunchy" shifting into Reverse, 1st, 2nd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Crunchy" shifting into Reverse, 1st, 2nd.

So was going to the exchange today and coming down from 5th I found it very rough getting into 2nd and then 1st when starting from a light. Then leaving the store same thing in reverse. Also heard a clunking noise when trying to get into gear. No issues in 3rd-5th.

Could this be a failed trans mount? Or is a failing shift linkage more likely?

Thanks
    89 320i Touring/M52 Swap w 4.10 Gears/K&N intake/Catback Exhaust/KW coils/Wilwood brakes/Azev A 16x7.5F 16x9R 215/40/16 F&R

Sounds like more of an internal problem in the transmission. Does the problem continue after the transmission has warmed up?
    Last edited by ttrousdell; 12-09-2013, 01:03 PM.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

clutch going out ?
      i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
        Sounds like more of an internal problem in the transmission. Does the problem continue after the transmission has warmed up?
        No it does it warm or cold. But it doesn't always do it. As for the clutch it feels fine.
        89 320i Touring/M52 Swap w 4.10 Gears/K&N intake/Catback Exhaust/KW coils/Wilwood brakes/Azev A 16x7.5F 16x9R 215/40/16 F&R

Comment

sounds like synchros or shifter pins. wait...what transmission are you running?
          sigpic

Comment

my guess is 1st to 2nd synchro.. my S4 had the same issue 1,2 and R by the time i changed the tranny i couldn't get it into first at all second was a fight and reverse just sucked

Comment

Ok so I dunno why i didn't check this earlier but i just discovered that my rear diff bushing is completely shot. Just ordered a solid rubber replacement as well as UUC trans mounts.

Comment

Working...
              X